2017 DCA Finals

KVG_DC

11 minutes ago, ErieSopMike said:

Agreed!  Bring some other corps with them! The more the merrier!!!!  Who knows, the DCP board might implode if more than 1 international corps were to place in the Top 10, lol.

Oh man... can you imagine that?  Kidsgrove Scouts and Yokohama Inspires in the same year. The end of the world as we know it!!!  LOL

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

The information is out there. 

The information is notoriously difficult to get a hold of, even for new corps who are applying for membership. I don't blame anyone for remembering the older version of the rules and not being able to find an update.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Fran Haring said:

Oh man... can you imagine that?  Kidsgrove Scouts and Yokohama Inspires in the same year. The end of the world as we know it!!!  LOL

That would be awesome.  Would 'The Company' qualify as an all-age group?  Bring'em all over!!!! It'd be a heck of a party.

So on the topic of International corps... Did the Kingston Grenadiers count as international since they were from Canada?  In common sense terms, I'd say yes, but they were able to attend DCA shows on the regular.  @Fran Haring any insight?

1 minute ago, ErieSopMike said:

So on the topic of International corps... Did the Kingston Grenadiers count as international since they were from Canada?  In common sense terms, I'd say yes, but they were able to attend DCA shows on the regular.  @Fran Haring any insight?

DCA considers corps international if they come from outside North America, so Grennies and other Canadian corps were eligible for full membership.

Edited by Spandy
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Spandy said:

DCA considers corps international if they come from outside North America, so Grennies and other Canadian corps were eligible for full membership.

Thank you!  We need to find a way to revive these corps and build things back up.  I loved the Grennies uniforms.

7 minutes ago, ErieSopMike said:

Thank you!  We need to find a way to revive these corps and build things back up.  I loved the Grennies uniforms.

Me, too!!!  Great people there.

13 minutes ago, ErieSopMike said:

That would be awesome.  Would 'The Company' qualify as an all-age group?  Bring'em all over!!!! It'd be a heck of a party.

They absolutely are an all-age group. From what I understand, a number of the European corps are.

1 hour ago, Jim Schehr said:

Contact DCA.

Thanks. I'll give that a shot.

2 minutes ago, Fran Haring said:

They absolutely are an all-age group. From what I understand, a number of the European corps are.

Sounds like there's work to be done with DCE/DCUK.  It's a ton of work and a logistical nightmare but if corps could start going each way, it's just neat to see how others around the world enjoy the activity like we do.