2017 DCI survey

One question asks which restaurants we ate at --  and 40 or 50 restaurants are listed --- but not my two favorites -  Slippery Noodle and Shapiro's.

One multiple choice question asks where we stayed at, but the overnight Megabus back to Chicago is not a choice.

Another question asks if we attended less or more DCI events in 2017 when compared to 2016.  I attended MORE in 2017,  as I missed two 2016 shows due to work commitments.

We are asked if we attended Finals in Bloomington and Pasadena.

We are asked what section we sat in at the 2017 championships. Then asked if we would want a different or same seat for 2018.

There are questions about SoundSport and DrumLine Battle.

We are asked if there are enough restrooms at Lucas Oil.

We are asked what parts of the show we like most:  the guards, the percussion, the music, the brass, or the combination of it all.

I think of the whole list of about 30 restaurants listed, I ate at 3:  Ram, Harry and Izzy's, and Tavern on South.

11 hours ago, jpaul said:

They also forgot to ask about White Castle. (Delicious as always.)

I dunno, maybe it's just me, but White Castle, delicious and always in the same post just seems... wrong?

But, if Bob Dylan can get the a Nobel prize in literature, I suppose there is hope that White Castle can earn their first Michelin Star.  :laughing:

• Thanks 1

FYI...

I didn't attend either 2016 or 2017 Championships so obviously didn't receive the survey link.  I contacted DCI via the webpage yesterday afternoon stating that I would like to participate and by early evening had received 2 emails from someone at DCI: one introducing themselves and saying they were sending the survey from their DCI email address and a second that forwarded the original survey email from Dan Acheson.

Works for me.

I don't have a problem with the survey going to only people who went to championships and purchased the tickets through them.  If that's their biggest money maker, why not cater to them? :-) 

I get they may have lost some of us with the direction of the activity, but if they've already lost those folks why not focus on the people who are still engaged and spending money? 

2 hours ago, ranintothedoor said:

I don't have a problem with the survey going to only people who went to championships and purchased the tickets through them.  If that's their biggest money maker, why not cater to them? :-) 

I get they may have lost some of us with the direction of the activity, but if they've already lost those folks why not focus on the people who are still engaged and spending money? 

In my specific case, and I apologize for not being more specific, I did mention in my correspondence that I did attend shows (spending money), just not championships.  Engaged yes, Championships, no.

From the discussion here it sounds like some people attended but Championships didn't get the survey email (for various reasons) or, like me, still attend shows and would like to have the opportunity to complete the survey.  Perhaps by limiting the audience to the Championships ticket order mailing list put too narrow of a focus on issues brought up in the survey that are of great interest to the drum corps audience en masse.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, gak27 said:

FYI...

I didn't attend either 2016 or 2017 Championships so obviously didn't receive the survey link.  I contacted DCI via the webpage yesterday afternoon stating that I would like to participate and by early evening had received 2 emails from someone at DCI: one introducing themselves and saying they were sending the survey from their DCI email address and a second that forwarded the original survey email from Dan Acheson.

Works for me.

Ha! I put in a request too and was denied. No biggie.  I actually had some pretty nice things to say after not attending championships the last three years due to career. I had a blast this year in Indy!  

Edited by Whiskey