Question about college?

15 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

My husband is a huge Buckeyes fan.  We're going to the game in Nebraska next month. 

Do you mean him?  Does that disqualify him from the Couchmen?  Here's his audition photo I got from their archives.

Michael Sechler shared this image of one of the manatees stranded in Sarasota Bay after "reverse surge" from Hurricane Irma pulled the water out of the bay. [Instagram]

If I'm not mistaken, Tim Jackson marched for both BD and TBDBITL, in the early 2000's.  Not 100% on exactly which years.

On 9/13/2017 at 3:25 PM, Terri Schehr said:

lol he's not huge.  His fan enthusiasm is, though. 

This Big Boy is an alum of the Florida Waves. He's gotten a bit sedentary since he aged out. He's washed out in DCI Drum Corps now,... but could still qualify for the Couchmen provided he's still breathing.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, BRASSO said:

This Big Boy is an alum of the Florida Waves. He's gotten a bit sedentary since he aged out. He's washed out in DCI Drum Corps now,... but could still qualify for the Couchmen provided he's still breathing.

That's still a requirement?

I heard Couchmen had perfected the staggered breathing technique so thoroughly one can hardly tell if they are doing it at all.

It's when they do the ensemble snoring that they hit the penalty phase and that's before the mics are on.

Edited by xandandl

56 minutes ago, xandandl said:

I heard Couchmen had perfected the staggered breathing technique so thoroughly one can hardly tell if they are doing it at all.

It's when they do the ensemble snoring that they hit the penalty phase and that's before the mics are on.

I thought Couchmen had perfected 'heavy' breathing technique.

1 hour ago, xandandl said:

Its getting tougher of late to earn a spot in The Couchmen. Now, besides the requirement to have a pulse and still breathing, the breathing must have the capacity to fog up a mirror from a foot away.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Its getting tougher of late to earn a spot in The Couchmen. Now, besides the requirement to have a pulse and still breathing, the breathing must have the capacity to fog up a mirror from a foot away.

Smokers need not apply.

Speaking as an OSU student and a current member of the OSU athletic band (not the marching band but the organizations are close), there have been DCI members that have marched in TBDBITL before. The candidate/tryout days overlapped with DCI Finals this year, but it may not be so every year; the best step, as you've already mentioned is to contact the band staff and see what options are available. 

I know this is widely available online. But here it is from my own iPhone a few weeks ago.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1