G7 part 2, Eletronics Boogaloo

Stu

5 hours ago, Tim K said:

In theory, you may be correct in stating that the G7 proposal was for the good of all corps, but if that's the case, the messengers did a pretty lousy job of relaying it, and as they defended it, some rather ugly aspects surfaced.

I completely agree with these two statements.

But from then on, the poster reverts to the "victim-hood mentality" that is so divisive in any sort of therapeutic growth and healing whether it be marriage counselling, relational and personality development, and deeper maturity. Constantly picking at the scabs of past wounds never allows the wound to heal. Yes the deeper the (perceived) wound the tougher it is to heal biologically . But psychologically some folks actually enjoy dwelling in the victim status as the DSM4 rightly notes with a number of diagnoses. If a corps uses what is almost a decade old proposal as motivation for excellence today it is a battle the adults, not the mms are waging. A decade later it needs to be water under the bridge as the activity has moved on although a number of egos on both sides of the proposal have not. It's time for the egos on both sides of the argument to shoot for higher goals than ego wars.

Edited by xandandl
  • Like 2

How the h### did this thread get started under my name and account? What concerns me here is not the first post, it is mine from another thread. What concerns me is this new thread was somehow created with my account, under my name, with all indication that I created the thread, when in fact it was started without my knowledge or permission. If someone can do that, without my knowledge and permission, even a Mod, that power is a frightening prospect due to the potential for abuse. So whomever did it, erase this thread and please never do this again to anyone without their knowledge and permission!

Edited by Stu

37 minutes ago, Stu said:

How the h### did this thread get started under my name? While the first post is mine from another thread, I did not authorize starting a new thread under my name. Mods please completely remove this thread. Again, I did not authorize it to be a thread created in my name.

Do you constantly live life with a stuck up your ###?

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Do you constantly live life with a stuck up your ###?

When someone uses my account without my authorization to do something without my knowledge and permission that is not a stick up my ###!!! That is either a breech of trust by they purveyors of the site, which can easily be abused, or a hack from outside.

i guess they split it off since the topic went OT. 

here's the original thread from way back

1 hour ago, Jeff Ream said:

i guess they split it off since the topic went OT. 

here's the original thread from way back

The split did not bother me. If a Mod had created a new thread using their 'own' account with a descriptor and placed my previous post in their new thread, fine. What has me angered is that someone accessed my account and started the new thread using my account to create the thread without my knowledge and permission. That is rather frightening because that means someone without scruples could post anything they want using my account making it look like I actually posted it. And that is what has me riled, not the content nor the split.

Edited by Stu
  • Like 1

Not only did someone appropriate Stu's name for this thread.... they misspelled "electronics."  :tongue:

I'm still trying to figure out WTH this thread is supposed to be/mean!  

Did GD get bumped off or something?  Who's attacking him?

If my recent history holds here, the thread will be shut down momentarily now that I've posted.

Heck, I'll probably be banned...

10 hours ago, xandandl said:

I completely agree with these two statements.

But from then on, the poster reverts to the "victim-hood mentality" that is so divisive in any sort of therapeutic growth and healing whether it be marriage counselling, relational and personality development, and deeper maturity. Constantly picking at the scabs of past wounds never allows the wound to heal. Yes the deeper the (perceived) wound the tougher it is to heal biologically . But psychologically some folks actually enjoy dwelling in the victim status as the DSM4 rightly notes with a number of diagnoses. If a corps uses what is almost a decade old proposal as motivation for excellence today it is a battle the adults, not the mms are waging. A decade later it needs to be water under the bridge as the activity has moved on although a number of egos on both sides of the proposal have not. It's time for the egos on both sides of the argument to shoot for higher goals than ego wars.

You can't heal the wound and move on if the party that inflicted the wound refuses to acknowledge they were wrong and say they are sorry. Period. Until that happens, your armchair psychology rings hollow, much as you would like people to move on, i.e. stop talking about it.