G7 part 2, Eletronics Boogaloo

Stu

15 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

You can't heal the wound and move on if the party that inflicted the wound refuses to acknowledge they were wrong and say they are sorry. Period. Until that happens, your armchair psychology rings hollow, much as you would like people to move on, i.e. stop talking about it. 

Nonsense. 

And sorry, I work professionally in the field. . Based on your dribble, nothing and no one in the world would heal until everyone is in unity. That's not reality at all.

6 hours ago, Stu said:

The split did not bother me. If a Mod had created a new thread using their 'own' account with a descriptor and placed my previous post in their new thread, fine. What has me angered is that someone accessed my account and started the new thread using my account to create the thread without my knowledge and permission. That is rather frightening because that means someone without scruples could post anything they want using my account making it look like I actually posted it. And that is what has me riled, not the content nor the split.

No one accessed your freaking account, do you understand how online forums are programmed? I used to manage one a few years ago. 

In the moderator/admin tools, there's an option to split a topic and when the topic is split at a certain point, the first post after the split becomes the new "original post" for the new topic. There is no "breach" or "access" of anyone account or personal information. 

Calm the hell down. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

i guess they split it off since the topic went OT. 

here's the original thread from way back

The thread that launched a thousand other threads.  LOL.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Cappybara said:

No one accessed your freaking account, do you understand how online forums are programmed? I used to manage one a few years ago. 

In the moderator/admin tools, there's an option to split a topic and when the topic is split at a certain point, the first post after the split becomes the new "original post" for the new topic. There is no "breach" or "access" of anyone account or personal information. 

Calm the hell down. 

That is still not the point; I did not create the thread, I did not title the thread; I was not informed by a Mod that a thread was going to be created in my name with my account; and since the thread is in my name I want the thread shut down.

Edited by Stu

25 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Popcorn, anyone!  I made some for everyone! 

I'm in.  Heck, I have a few days before the next college football games.  :tongue:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ghost said:

What?  No MNF for you?

Who's playing?  LOL

Don't watch, or follow, much pro ball anymore. Hooked on the college game!!!

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Stu said:

The split did not bother me. If a Mod had created a new thread using their 'own' account with a descriptor and placed my previous post in their new thread, fine. What has me angered is that someone accessed my account and started the new thread using my account to create the thread without my knowledge and permission. That is rather frightening because that means someone without scruples could post anything they want using my account making it look like I actually posted it. And that is what has me riled, not the content nor the split.

i don't see the need to revisit it. the coup attempt failed, and as a result, the DCI Boardroom is in it's most harmonious state in years.

as to the rest of your rant, the staff thread got wildly off topic, and it's a privately owned site, so they can do what they want. Don't like it, don't post here.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, garfield said:

I'm still trying to figure out WTH this thread is supposed to be/mean!  

Did GD get bumped off or something?  Who's attacking him?

If my recent history holds here, the thread will be shut down momentarily now that I've posted.

Heck, I'll probably be banned...

the staff merry go round got way off track, even for that thread....a few people called GD out, he got mad, ignored them, etc.

then a few hours later when i logged on this was here and some other posts removed. And in that time, I've mowed my lawn, hung out with my daughter working on her handwriting ( very important in kindergarten), watched the Cowboys, picked out a shower design with my wife, slept for several hours, got a massage, and have been hard at work until i logged in here.

so as you can see, IMO, the world continued on and i didnt bother to get upset about it