G7 part 2, Eletronics Boogaloo

Stu

5 hours ago, Cappybara said:

No one accessed your freaking account, do you understand how online forums are programmed? I used to manage one a few years ago. 

In the moderator/admin tools, there's an option to split a topic and when the topic is split at a certain point, the first post after the split becomes the new "original post" for the new topic. There is no "breach" or "access" of anyone account or personal information. 

Calm the hell down. 

:guinesssmilie:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Stu said:

That is still not the point; I did not create the thread, I did not title the thread; I was not informed by a Mod that a thread was going to be created in my name with my account; and since the thread is in my name I want the thread shut down.

then hit the report button or send a message to a member of the admin team.

then pull your panties out of their current wedgie

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, garfield said:

I'm still trying to figure out WTH this thread is supposed to be/mean!  

Did GD get bumped off or something?  Who's attacking him?

If my recent history holds here, the thread will be shut down momentarily now that I've posted.

Heck, I'll probably be banned...

I am still trying to figure out who created this thread and title using my account. The post is mine from another thread, but I did not create this thread even tough it shows up as my account creating it. 'That' is what has me miffed.

Edited by Stu

1 hour ago, Stu said:

I have requested this thread to be shut down but so far no response.

In the logic of this thread, you don't have the right to request it be closed because you didn't start it.

Besides, I know you would like a place to argue G7 issues (I, too!) so don't ask them to shut it down!

You've done a lot more controversial things than start a thread you didn't start with a comment you didn't mean to be used.  :whistle:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stu said:

I am still trying to figure out who created this thread and title using my account. The post is mine from another thread, but I did not create this thread even tough it shows up as my account creating it. 'That' is what has me miffed.

they didnt use your account. they can move anything they want....a new thread, delete file, cat litter box, you name it. 

1 hour ago, Stu said:

I have requested this thread to be shut down but so far no response.

well ya know, they may have real jobs. shocking I know

• Haha 1

I'm confident in saying that, since the G7 issue document was brought forth, there has been a very significant increase in membership interest at the OC AND WC level, a definitive improvement in the business management practices by most corps, even while there have been new corps breaking into new placement ground.

Correlation is not causation, but sometimes they rhyme.

I believe the G7 was (maybe unintentionally) good for the overall activity.

The TOC series is a farce that takes money out of the DCI coffers and concentrates it in the 7, and should be abandoned immediately to reinstitute the collegial fraternity that was once the hallmark of Marching Music's Major League.

IMO

Edited by garfield
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, garfield said:

I'm confident in saying that, since the G7 issues was brought forth, there has been a very significant increase in membership interest at the OC AND WC level, a definitive improvement in the business management practices by most corps, even while there have been new corps breaking into new placement ground.

Correlation is not causation, but sometimes they rhyme.

I believe the G7 was (maybe unintentionally) good for the overall activity.

The TOC series is a farce that takes money out of the DCI coffers and concentrates it in the 7, and should be abandoned immediately to reinstitute the collegial fraternity that was once the hallmark of Marching Music's Major League.

IMO

i mostly agree except....they have been opening up the TOC shows to other corps. So that helped.

it forced the DCI boardroom to sit down and take a looooonnnnngggggggg look in the mirror. Is it perfect harmony? No. But as it happened during the darkest year in DCi's recent past in many ways, you can't deny DCi has seen an uptick since then. Everyone is mostly playing nice in the sandbox together. 

So while the intent was for 7 to rule all, it's actually truly helped all.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

i mostly agree except....they have been opening up the TOC shows to other corps. So that helped.

it forced the DCI boardroom to sit down and take a looooonnnnngggggggg look in the mirror. Is it perfect harmony? No. But as it happened during the darkest year in DCi's recent past in many ways, you can't deny DCi has seen an uptick since then. Everyone is mostly playing nice in the sandbox together. 

So while the intent was for 7 to rule all, it's actually truly helped all.

If they truly wanted to help the non-7 corps, they'd open up the TOC shows to Genesis, Pio, PC, Surf, Colts, Spirit...

They shouldn't suggest that more corps doing better and challenging the perennial leaders is good and then charge them (or keep the nickels from them) at the same time.

Kind of like the team who always played against the Harlem Globetrotters - they got beaten every game but they ate well.  And the difference between the Globetrotters and drum corps is that, in drum corps, the unknown competitor can grow up and eat your lunch.