G7 part 2, Eletronics Boogaloo

Stu

1 hour ago, Stu said:

People (with class) still see the MLB Mariners and Nationals/Expos as World Class Major League Teams along with the Cardinals. People (with class) still see the NFL Lions, Jaguars, Texans, and current incarnation of the Browns as World Class Major League Teams along with the Patriots. People (with class) still see Academy, Scouts, Mandarins, etc…  as World Class Teams along with the Blue Devils. Just sayin’.

good news...no one sees the Phillies as more than a AAA team

:guinesssmilie:

55 minutes ago, Stu said:

You posted in the other thread that the six knew nothing about what one person placed in the presentation, and that they did not see that presentation until after it was leaked (that surprise was not just the leak but of what was in the proposal).  You posted in this thread that they did indeed know about the drafted notes, that they did indeed see the final presentation put together by one person at a meeting 'prior' to the leak (that surprise was the leak not what was in the proposal).  The first sort of exonerates them for not knowing about the content prior to the leak; the second lays full knowledge and accountability on them before the leak.  And THAT, is an important difference!!!

you have a very nice drum corps.

good lord, others agree with me and you still fight.

if i bite my tongue, admit my error ( that i didnt commit, but this is to appease you) and beg for forgiveness and mercy, will you shut the #### up and move on? I'm willing to lie if it shuts you up, no matter how painful that would be.

10 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Nah, I 'm too unmotivated to do it for you. Accept what I said, or don't accept what I said..... or look it up yourself to be SELF educated on it.

I did look it up; there is no provision for an original G7 member to get knocked out of their top tier.

37 minutes ago, garfield said:

I've seen several references to the "Soundsport Class".

Not sure what class is being referenced, but SoundSport was never meant to be, and is not now designed as, a pre-cursor to OC.

The gulf between SS and OC is just too wide now.  Minimum 75 members in OC to even be approved, and a touring model in OC that SS was never meant to support.

IMO, DCI is recognizing that most SS teams don't have the mass to make the jump from SS to OC.  They want SS to be pure entertainment - not mini-corps.

well, in many ways, SoundSport is mini corps as many in the DCA realm have come to know them, minus the #####ing about results, lack of video or audio recordings and any other complaint they've had in the last 20 years

9 minutes ago, Stu said:

I did look it up; there is no provision for an original G7 member to get knocked out of their top tier.

Wrong,.. A G7 Corps was NOT granted G7 status..." for life", Stu.

The G7 was not a permament " G7 " either. The architects made plans for a rotating Corps to join the G7 if they topped a G7 Corps at Finals. That Corps was not to JOIN the G7 and become a G8.... lol!. Failure to finish in the Top 7 ( for 2 consecutive years ) was a criteria that the G7 agreed among themselves would disqualify a G7 Corps from such alleged lifetime, permanent G7 status, Stu. 

Edited by BRASSO

12 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Nah, I 'm too unmotivated to do it for you. Accept what I said, or don't accept what I said..... or look it up yourself to be SELF educated on it.

forget it, he's rolling ($1 to Boon)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Stu said:

So, you are also willing to lie! That says a lot!

to shut you up, yes. i'd take one for all of DCP for that. Nothing else, just solely to silence you

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

to shut you up, yes. i'd take one for all of DCP for that. Nothing else, just solely to silence you

giphy.gif

oh here Stu, i found the post about the cavies and link from the DCW article at the time

• DCP Fanatic
  •  
  • Jeff Ream
  • Members
  • 94,154 posts
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  Kamarag said:

I like this line myself:

While his corps was included in the presentation, The Cavaliers’ founder, Don Warren, told Drum Corps World that Director Adolph DeGrauwe has never given any word to the group that his corps is on-board with the concept.

Jeff Ream
Westshoremen 89,90,95,96, 1996 DCA World Champions, Bucs drum staff 00, Empire drum staff 01 Shore alumni 02-,
RIP Sean Holton. We miss you and we love you
Dealing with idiots takes a special kind of patience and a hint of perversion. Luckily for DCP, I have both to spare

Unlike Congress, I never shut down.