G7 part 2, Eletronics Boogaloo

Stu

A fight between Stu and Brasso is really just one step closer to the apocalypse 

which battering ram will prevail? 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

A fight between Stu and Brasso is really just one step closer to the apocalypse 

which battering ram will prevail? 

me.

:bluedevil:

So I learned two things so far:  Jeff Ream blew the lid on the Hopkins/Gibbs scheme ; and then subsequently got banned from DCP for it?  Is that true?  That sounds like a fun story. Can you provide more detail on that? 

5 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

So I learned two things so far:  Jeff Ream blew the lid on the Hopkins/Gibbs scheme ; and then subsequently got banned from DCP for it?  Is that true?  That sounds like a fun story. Can you provide more detail on that? 

no. Stu was being Stu, I blasted him in multiple ways that violated the DCP guidelines and was given a 4 day DCP vacation.

which sucked a little, because it was while I was at finals in Indy in 2010, and about 45% of the shows bored me to tears, so i could have posted from the stands.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

the truth is you cant handle the truth. 

Son, we live in a world that has reality, and that reality needs to slammed against your head with a brick. Who's gonna do it? Me? Brasso? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for how you want the truth  to be told and you curse anyone who corrects you. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know, that several in the room on both sides have spoken to myself and others,  and  prove you wrong on a daily basis. And my ability to call you out and not cow to your browbeating tactics, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, gets fact out there. You don't want the truth, because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me out me here posting stuff that comes from the inside. You need me posting stuff that comes from the inside. We use words like "honor", "code", "loyalty". We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending drum corps. You use them as a punchline to serve your agenda of the week.. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the information that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it! I would rather you just said "thank you", and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get on a board, or talk to some directors and admin. Either way, I don't give a #### what you think you are entitled to!

And he went to prison for disobeying that honor code!!!!

Is being an incessant pain in the asz a violation of the DCP community guidelines?

4 hours ago, BRASSO said:

I never said that the " Powerpoint Point " presentation was what the G7 Corps agreed too. As a matter of fact, the Powerpoint Presentation, was just that.... the initial PRESENTATION by Gibbs/ Hopkins to the other 5 Corps in the room. Your mistake was to assume the Powerpoint Presentation was what the G7 finally agreed too among themselves. Its not. I TOLD you what the agreement was for G7 status. I have no patience for whether or not you believe what I just told you. Your error is that you believe the G7 co- architects ( Hopkins & Gibbs ) were dumb enough to believe that the two would agree to carry another G7 Corps thru G7 status FOREVER, if they fell into placement slide, financial woes. Trust me Stu, George Hopkins ( nor David Gibbs ) were about to grant G7 Status PERMANENTLY to any other of the 5 Corps. We already know they have little to no sympathy for Corps that are struggling. Besides, I just TOLD you how Hopkins/ Gibbs envisioned how another Corps could replace a corps in the G7 that failed to finish in the top 7. But in the end, none of it mattered, as the other Non G7 Corps stuck together, and essentially scuttled 90% of most of what the G7 demanded from the other Corps, as well as from DCI itself. The other Corps threw them a bone... the TOC shows. But essentially, that format/ show is pretty much like every other show, as near as I can tell.

Let's see.... You 'say so' with no documentation of support vs. the official G7 PowerPoint document.  Hmmmmm... Let's see..... Ok, unless you have official counter documentation where the seven did in fact have that 2-year drop-out of AAA lose double voting power agreement, I choose the official PowerPoint proposal.