Pacific Crest 2018

While many Corps see action tonight, PC is taking a free day in Seattle. 

PC hit the 70 plateau exactly with a 70.00 at DATR last night. I'm hearing the Corps is pretty excited. 

PC is about a week ahead of last year's scoring. They didn't pass the 70 mark until San Antonio on 7/22/2017.

Keep pushing!!!

• Like 3

Great to see this Socal corps getting stronger in every way !!

• Like 2

10 hours ago, CrownBariDad said:

PC is about a week ahead of last year's scoring. They didn't pass the 70 mark until San Antonio on 7/22/2017.

Keep pushing!!!

Full disclosure:  At DATR 2017, PC scored a 68.80.  They had 2 more shows until San Antonio where the score dropped off a bit -- I assume due to new material and other changes.  Likewise, for 2018, they have 2 shows this week before SA.  I wouldn't be surprised to see a similar slight drop in the scores, but I fully expect they will surpass their 2017 SA score of 70.675 -- by several points.

• Like 2

On 7/15/2018 at 6:48 PM, CrownBariDad said:

Full disclosure:  At DATR 2017, PC scored a 68.80.  They had 2 more shows until San Antonio where the score dropped off a bit -- I assume due to new material and other changes.  Likewise, for 2018, they have 2 shows this week before SA.  I wouldn't be surprised to see a similar slight drop in the scores, but I fully expect they will surpass their 2017 SA score of 70.675 -- by several points.

Just closing the loop:  Of the 2 shows between DATR and SA, PC's score did drop to 69.6 in Kansas and the other show was exhibition only due to the heat. In San Antonio, PC's score jumped over 2.5 pts to 72.175.

At this point, they seem to be several points ahead of last year's efforts. 

• Like 1

Something just popped up on the PC Parents FB page. Bootleg video, so I probably can't share it (and it's a bit fuzzy), but -- during "The 20th Century Fox Mambo", the backfield Drum Major is throwing down some awesome dance moves on the podium.  Something to watch for at the next show.

Hey FLO!  How about showing this next time?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CrownBariDad said:

Something just popped up on the PC Parents FB page. Bootleg video, so I probably can't share it (and it's a bit fuzzy), but -- during "The 20th Century Fox Mambo", the backfield Drum Major is throwing down some awesome dance moves on the podium.  Something to watch for at the next show.

Hey FLO!  How about showing this next time?

I love that act.  I'll look for the DM next time!!!

Edited by luv4corps
  • Like 1

Aw, heck with it!  I'll post the original FB post.  It's not at all in focus, but you get the idea. 

Mods:  If not allowed, please let me know and I'll edit it out. Thx!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I hadn't seen the show at all until this week, and now I'm in love.  Was my wife's favorite show by far as well.  So many little neat touches in there, and they manage to capture the theme/mood perfectly!  I can only hope the lamps light up later.  :)

Mike

• Like 1