2018 Staff Announcements (new thread)

1 hour ago, Cappybara said:

Well the only direction they can go is up so seems like a good move 

Go back to your Office and start trying to grow a beard like he has, ha, ha.

The prediction when you will reach that achievement is....:laughing:

Edited by xandandl

1 hour ago, xandandl said:

Go back to your Office and start trying to grow a beard like he has, ha, ha.

The prediction when you will reach that achievement is....:laughing:

Would probably take me a few months, my facial hair grows fast 

Academy add Concord's Meehan and Ronan as brass consultants. Big pickup for them depending on how involved they are. 

Also very impressed with the changes with the Cadets. Now there's somethin I can get behind. Hopefully Shane gets the influence and freedom that he deserves. 

I don't know about you, but having to shave my mustache on tour every day to play tuba was painful.  I always had ingrown hairs on my face no matter how well I kept everything up.  It's a sacrifice that was worth it because of the uniform/clean look, but man, relaxing some of those rules would've really upped my enjoyment of the season... maybe even my playing. :-)

52 minutes ago, xandandl said:

what does that impend for Cadet haircuts which were pretty slack for the '17 

15 hours ago, BoaDci said:

Thats a massive addition.  Wow.

Is it though? I guess because bringing a non-Cadet guy into a pivotal design roll is a bit of a shock?  I'm willing to wait and see.

29 minutes ago, mingusmonk said:

Is it though? I guess because bringing a non-Cadet guy into a pivotal design roll is a bit of a shock?  I'm willing to wait and see.

He's made his name mostly in indoor percussion.

Cadets last year suffered from the staging and lack of features of percusiion plus criticism that the front ensemble seemed to get lost in the mix.  I think his creativity and experience will balance with Tom's and Omar's and perhaps update GH quite a bit,

I agree with you that a go slow approach to the hype train is wiser. Prove it on the field, not in the press releases...........................................for anybody.

43 minutes ago, ranintothedoor said:

I don't know about you, but having to shave my mustache on tour every day to play tuba was painful.  I always had ingrown hairs on my face no matter how well I kept everything up.  It's a sacrifice that was worth it because of the uniform/clean look, but man, relaxing some of those rules would've really upped my enjoyment of the season... maybe even my playing. :-)

but with that size beard, pretty soon some snarky designer would have you using it as a mute, he, ha.

• Haha 1