2018 Staff Announcements (new thread)

18 minutes ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

Of course I come here expecting another major staff announcement before realizing my mistake. Grrr.

Yes.  Off the rails.  It was a nice simple focused thread.  Then the trolling to derail.

• Like 1

Just now, LabMaster said:

And that has what to do with this particular thread?  Please go to the Complaints-that-no-one-listens-to thread.  It's a trolling thread.

It has everything to do with this thread; everything to do with the DCI Hall of Fame; everything to do with who y'all find really important to DCI, the youth or the adults.  Obviously the adults because there is never a thread discussing the names of the youth.  That is why it has everything to do with this thread.

44 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Oh gosh no.  A LOT of them do know.  DCI/ WGI youth talk among themselves all the time. Especially in the Guard world. The notion that  most  of the top  adult educational talent in WGI/ DCI world is not known to many or most  of the talented performers in these circles is not my experience/ assessment. DCI Corps marchers in the non top 16 Corps and in Open Class Corps may not know whos's who in great Show Designs to the same degree of knowledge, but the notion that  most  of the top youthful performers in WGI/ DCI world don't know who the best Show Designers are in WGI/DCI/ Guard world is something that we will just have to respectfully just disagree on then..

It is exactly the same with percussion performers.  Many will choose to audition based on who is on staff not what corps they are with.

9 minutes ago, LabMaster said:

Yes.  Off the rails.  It was a nice simple focused thread.  Then the trolling to derail.

When has DCP had a Nice Simple Focused Thread?  Never!  When have those engaging on DCP ever cared for the names of the performers anywhere close to caring for the names of the narcissistic adults? Never! Good Grief y'all, this is not trolling, this is DCP!!!

Edited by Stu

5 minutes ago, Stu said:

It has everything to do with this thread; everything to do with the DCI Hall of Fame; everything to do with who y'all find really important to DCI, the youth or the adults.  Obviously the adults because there is never a thread discussing the names of the youth.  That is why it has everything to do with this thread.

I'm sorry I must have misread the thread title "2018 Staff Announcements".  I thought it was to have a thread that announced staff changes occurring for the 2018 season.  I must be confused because the OP asked ""PLEASE keep discussion on this thread strictly to confirmed staff announcements."  But for some posters apparently rules don't apply to them.

This thread topic subject matter will die off soon enough now of its own accord, imo. Most of the Corps have most likely made their major staff changes for the upcoming season we would imagine. Also, most of the thread topics here on DCP do tend to get sidetracked from time to time.. I've been guilty of participating in that unintentionally too. So with that in mind, if posters want to remind us to stay on topic, thats a worthy reminder for us, imo. So I'll try and stick to this thread topic as requested, and thanks to others like LabMaster here for that reminder for us. His point is well taken, imo.

Edited by BRASSO

1 minute ago, Stu said:

When has DCP had a Nice Simple Focused Thread?  Never!  When have those engaging on DCP ever cared for the names of the performers anywhere close to caring for the names of the narcissistic adults? Never! Good Grief y'all, this is not trolling, this is DCP!!!

So go ahead and do what you want then.  Since you justify anything you post when ever it makes starts or continues an argument or ignores and OP request to stay on track.  And yes it is trolling but you can color it any way you wish if it makes you happy.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Stu said:

What is published is what is discussed. The names of the students are not published (too my knowledge), they are simply known as the corps. Therefore, tendencies and prior accomplishments among the published names are what is discussed. 

1 hour ago, BRASSO said:

Oh gosh no.  A LOT of them do know.  DCI/ WGI youth talk among themselves all the time. Especially in the Guard world. The notion that  most  of the top  adult educational talent in WGI/ DCI world is not known to many or most  of the talented performers in these circles is not my experience/ assessment. DCI Corps marchers in the non top 16 Corps and in Open Class Corps may not know whos's who in great Show Designs to the same degree of knowledge, but the notion that  most  of the top youthful performers in WGI/ DCI world don't know who the best Show Designers are in WGI/DCI/ Guard world is something that we will just have to respectfully just disagree on then..

It's probably due to the same reason these staff members flock to the "safe" big, BOA winning schools than trying to build up a program from the ground up. And they can use these bands as recruiting tools.