2018 Staff Announcements (new thread)

1 hour ago, phd-student-TTU said:

I thought it was interesting that she stayed as long as she did after everyone else jumped ship. 

Yeah, I'm not sure how webpage edit decisions are made. e.g., presumably Regiment knew that it and Wes Cartwright would be parting ways before his bio was taken down.

2 hours ago, Cappybara said:

How many players can you actually name on Alabama’s football team? Ohio State’s? 

Die-hard non family-friend fans of NCAA football certainly can name players on those teams. Die-hard fans of Matching Music's Major League DCI cannot name players on the teams they root for (apart from family and friends that is). But I posted the words 'Major League'. When did Ohio State and Alabama become, or make the claim, that they were Major League?

Edited by Stu

5 hours ago, MikeD said:

Just like top-level athlete/students often attend a college because of a the coaches and their philosophies.

True; but many of those players also become household names to the die-hard fans who follow NCAA football and basketball while playing on those teams.

Just now, LabMaster said:

Well here is a new title; at least I think it is:  A Scenic Designer?  He'll design scenes?  Scenes?  Or is he a scenic person who designs?  There are so many titles now.  What does scenic designer mean or do?

give us pretty picture like SCV;s Les Miz backdrops or paint GH's Oprah tarps or change the monochromatic props of BD and Bloo????

2 minutes ago, LabMaster said:

Well here is a new title; at least I think it is:  A Scenic Designer?  He'll design scenes?  Scenes?  Or is he a scenic person who designs?  There are so many titles now.  What does scenic designer mean or do?

The same thing he did (or didn't do) for the Troopers for the last two years.  You get a tarp, and you get a tarp and YOU get a tarp and YOU get a tarp.  Everybody gets a tarp!!  ($1 to Oprah)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Daave said:

The same thing he did (or didn't do) for the Troopers for the last two years.  You get a tarp, and you get a tarp and YOU get a tarp and YOU get a tarp.  Everybody gets a tarp!!  ($1 to Oprah)

Maybe he thought the corps was The Casper Tarpers.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, LabMaster said:

It is a theater term. They design the stage, sets, settings, costumes, color schemes, etc.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scenic_design

Here is a look at his portfolio. https://www.flickr.com/photos/michaelraiford/sets/

2 minutes ago, mingusmonk said:

It is a theater term. They design the stage, sets, settings, costumes, color schemes, etc.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scenic_design

Here is a look at his portfolio. https://www.flickr.com/photos/michaelraiford/sets/

One of my friends uses him for "color design" with his band (as well as guard costume design). There's an ego attached, but he's highly regarded in that area. (though I get the criticism of the 2017 Trooper tarps)

Sounds like Bluecoats wanted another set of eyes and perspectives on the design team. I would argue that the color scheme of the 2017 Bluecoats production could've used some assistance.