2018 Staff Announcements (new thread)

1 hour ago, xandandl said:

I guess Dental students don't get invited to or participate Halloween activities: might be a conflict of interest, ha, ha. You know going to the dentist is scary enough :cheer:

Me, still counting up the shekels from the removal of the three white pines that fell, narrowingly missing the house, cars, and neighbors. That's scary.

We got plenty of candy in school today :) no worries though, students get treatment for free 

59 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

We got plenty of candy in school today :) no worries though, students get treatment for free 

I'll betcha your student loans were no where near what he'll be paying...and paying...and paying, even if he's mr. smarty-pants.

52 minutes ago, xandandl said:

I'll betcha your student loans were no where near what he'll be paying...and paying...and paying, even if he's mr. smarty-pants.

I only graduated in 2014 (“non traditional student”) They’re horrendous...

2 hours ago, xandandl said:

I’ll be graduating with around 180k in debt. Not great, but way better than a majority of my peers! 

2 hours ago, year1buick said:

####, we still had to pay!

Any treatments without lab work involved(that are not purely cosmetic) are free. So cleanings, extractions, fillings, etc are covered 

14 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

yes. I mean if things were so great, the guy would have stayed right?

people do have personal reasons Jeff --> my understanding is he left Cadets to be at home for family etc type priorities; and the position at Boston, they've agreed to let him do it from home. Position at Cadets was a touring role. He seemed quite happy at Cadets - either that or he is the world's greatest thespian 

6 hours ago, Cappybara said:

I’ll be graduating with around 180k in debt. Not great, but way better than a majority of my peers! 

ouch - the federal student loan program was one of the worst creations ever by the federal government - just drove tuition and teacher salaries WAY up. Hopkins was $4500 a year when I attended (all in) and we just paid cash (I had a scholastic ride) - and that was one of the most expensive Universities. MD at that time frame was FT $450 a semester 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

ouch - the federal student loan program was one of the worst creations ever by the federal government - just drove tuition and teacher salaries WAY up. Hopkins was $4500 a year when I attended (all in) and we just paid cash (I had a scholastic ride) - and that was one of the most expensive Universities. MD at that time frame was FT $450 a semester 

Dental school is the most expensive education in the world. I believe the national average is approaching 300k for dental students. Quite ridiculous. 

I can sincerely say I’m thankful for only having 180k coming out of school. The 150k starting salary does make things a little easier to stomach

20 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Dental school is the most expensive education in the world. I believe the national average is approaching 300k for dental students. Quite ridiculous. 

I can sincerely say I’m thankful for only having 180k coming out of school. The 150k starting salary does make things a little easier to stomach

Ok, having run the numbers, I've got you down for 6 sponsorships for the upcoming 2021 season:1 for BD just because, 2 for Regiment, 1.4 for Crown's brassline, 0.6 for Cadets, and the Cappybara Annual Award for the most worthy Open Class candidate trying to march World Class in his/her/their age-out year, any corps except the Bingoistas of California, Crossmen and Troopers who have their oil well revenues,  BAC whose investments have made drum corps free for all Crusaders, Bloo because they will have transitioned to be a Country Western music icon stealing that title from Nashville's Music City, and the Cavaliers, now holding camps in Okinawa to accommodate all their auditionees.  All other corps will be eligible for the Dixon Memorial awards.

That will leave you plenty of braces (I mean dental prosthetic) to rip off the junior high set and pay off those student loans in seven months.

Now back to staff changes, faculty appointments, and true rumors of who's where and why.

Edited by xandandl