2018 Staff Announcements (new thread)

6 minutes ago, xandandl said:

That will leave you plenty of braces (I mean dental prosthetic) to rip off the junior high set and pay off those student loans in seven months.

My suggestion for DCP readers for today on this thread :

brace yourself.

Edited by BRASSO

2 hours ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

A Cappy sponsorship could “fill a hole.”

Just got word from Mt. Diablo that Justinian Rudolpho Himmelsbacker has acknowledged almost-a-Doctor Cappy's pledge for a sponsorship for the Blue Devils for 2021 and will see that the monies go appropriately to BDC knowing Cappy's admiration. JH has thus also decreed for public knowledge of all that BD C is actually named for and will remain so as BD C (short for Cappybara.)

Edited by xandandl
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, George Dixon said:

ouch - the federal student loan program was one of the worst creations ever by the federal government - just drove tuition and teacher salaries WAY up. Hopkins was $4500 a year when I attended (all in) and we just paid cash (I had a scholastic ride) - and that was one of the most expensive Universities. MD at that time frame was FT $450 a semester 

This is an extremely slanted connection of dots.

You're also referring to a time when state schools were actually supported by states.

1 hour ago, kdaddy said:

This is an extremely slanted connection of dots.

You're also referring to a time when state schools were actually supported by states.

1. Hopkins was never supported by the states

2. University of MD is currently supported by the state

3. Yes - all indications are the federal student loan program has led to hyper inflation of college tuition. Not much to "connect" - it just is what it is.

Edited by George Dixon
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, BRASSO said:

My suggestion for DCP readers for today on this thread :

brace yourself.

Sadly with all of the posts in the early off-season about major changes within world class organizations, I'm not going to be finding myself holding my breath for any sort of staff announcement.

22 minutes ago, BoaDci said:

Retain your emotions.

I get the Drill.

On 10/31/2017 at 4:50 PM, George Dixon said:

lol - too typical

It's now Nov. 1 (All Saints) and the DCI Faculty/Staff Free Agency period now begins lasting until the last toll of the bell at midnight, November 2 (All Souls, the Day of the Dead.)

I have grown frustrated with my agents as it now seems I'm the only long term person who has had extended time with the Cadets but who hasn't (yet) been signed by the Crusaders. And they wanted all the Allentown secrets they so sweetly insisted.

Murray, my agent tells me contract negotiations are ongoing but are held up regarding the daily perks in Volume Seven of the multi-tome contract. I merely asked for a few bowls of authentic New England clam chowder and sides (like clam cakes and Boston baked beans) for lunch each day of tour alternating with Manhattan clam chowder. They tried in a smoking tureen to sneak in potato soup with one shriveled mince of a  clam from the Gulf of Mexico outside Tarpon Springs. When I caught them at the tasting test, they then said "Oops, only the trial batch,- Again!" and brought in a heaping hot kettle of clear broth with a few more shriveled clams claiming that "it was the Rhode Island variety and Rhode Island is a New England State!!!" 

Evidently, they had already hired Oscar, Murray's cousin who failed out of Law School but made up for it by being the Timing and Penalties Judge at the last American Buffaloes Lodge Drum Corps Championships in 1971; (DeCarlo supposedly has an autographed photo of both Murray and Oscar hanging in his office. He's left it to Jeff Ream in his will. "Hanging" was supposedly the inspiration for BAC's '17 show.)

Where contract negotiations go, we shall see. Everyone else seems now to be living like zillionaires, you'd think they worked in California.

Edited by xandandl