2018 Staff Announcements (new thread)

10 minutes ago, Slingerland said:

Several other new additions in there as well...
Ryan Summers, Tuba
Tim Sexton, Trumpet
Matt Hernandez, Trumpet
Drew Dickey, Low Brass
Sean Conley, Consultant
Claire Pittman, Mellphone

Lots of former Crown influence in that group. 

Edited by PopcornEater1963

12 minutes ago, Slingerland said:

Wait this is THE Kevin from Crown. The same Kevin who told that wonderful, gold medal-earning love story in Crown 13! Great mind in the activity. 

15 hours ago, Slingerland said:

Amazing. Absolutely amazing.

Most DCPers will know Kevin as the Crown Narrator, "John, do you love me?" and later, "Col. Tom."

I know him as the quirky, creative, funny and most talented h.s. kid from Immaculata in NJ who wanted to march Jersey Surf and would hold concerts and fun nights in the parish auditorium at the church where I went to Mass while caring for a relative. Then he went on to Crown with his brother, became horn sgt. there, and did great work all the while going to Rutgers in NJ. At Crown, he and the Harloffs became fast friends; he did his student teaching at Avon HS and lived at Matt Harloff's house during his Indiana term. He has a great, loving Mom and Dad and younger sister, the three practically fed everyone who marched at Bristol, RI show and Allentown show; how else do you celebrate a LoBoeuf's birthday? After aging out of Crown he has been out in LA doing grad work and UCLA band stuff while returning to Ft. Mill as a brass tech for Crown. That Kevin and Moe Smith let their "adopted son" go is quite the testament to his talents and stature. Amazing that he left his second family at Crown. Anyone asking "Where's the Beef?" with Cavies' horn line will have to look no further.

Great Add for the green team from the cream team. Leader, friend, musician, and creative personality.

PS, yes, he proved himself with Aimachi in Japan.

Edited by xandandl
  • Like 6

5 hours ago, xandandl said:

Amazing. Absolutely amazing.

Most DCPers will know Kevin as the Crown Narrator, "John, do you love me?" and later, "Col. Tom."

I know him as the quirky, creative, funny and most talented h.s. kid from Immaculata in NJ who wanted to march Jersey Surf and would hold concerts and fun nights in the parish auditorium at the church where I went to Mass while caring for a relative. Then he went on to Crown with his brother, became horn sgt. there, and did great work all the while going to Rutgers in NJ. At Crown, he and the Harloffs became fast friends; he did his student teaching at Avon HS and lived at Matt Harloff's house during his Indiana term. He has a great, loving Mom and Dad and younger sister, the three practically fed everyone who marched at Bristol, RI show and Allentown show; how else do you celebrate LoBoeuf's birthday. After aging out of Crown he has been out in LA doing grad work and UCLA band stuff while returning to Ft. Mill as a brass tech for Crown. That Kevin and Moe Smith let their "adopted son" go is quite the testament to his talents and stature. Amazing that he left his second family at Crown. Anyone asking "Where's the Beef?" with Cavies' horn line will have to look no further.

Great Add for the green team from the cream team. Leader, friend, musician, and creative personality.

PS, yes, he proved himself with Aimachi in Japan.

My son had an amazing first year in 2017 with The Cavaliers. These announcements have him looking forward to another. Big buzz in Rosemont! 

19 hours ago, Stu said:

Die-hard non family-friend fans of NCAA football certainly can name players on those teams. Die-hard fans of Matching Music's Major League DCI cannot name players on the teams they root for (apart from family and friends that is). But I posted the words 'Major League'. When did Ohio State and Alabama become, or make the claim, that they were Major League?

I was responding to this part of what you said...

"DCI, the only youth competitive organization where the fan focus is on the adults not the youth. "

12 hours ago, xandandl said:

I know him as the quirky, creative, funny and most talented h.s. kid from Immaculata in NJ who wanted to march Jersey Surf and would hold concerts and fun nights in the parish auditorium at the church where I went to Mass while caring for a relative.

Immaculata!!!  Great bloodlines there.  I've lost touch in recent years, but they had a terrific band/music program for a long time.

Plus... anything to do with Somerville, NJ, where my dad grew up and my grandparents on my mom's side lived... is fine with me!!! :thumbup:

10 hours ago, oldbandguy said:

I'd say about the time Forbes stated that Ohio State football was worth 1.5 BILLION DOLLARS.

And Alabama's Nick Saban is the highest-paid coach in football.

Not just college football... all football.

That is major league.

• Like 1