Any word on CD/DVD/Blu-ray products for 2017

I cannot locate any recent information on the topic.

With so much having changed this year for media consumption involving DCI, I'm concerned at the absence of even a fleeting recognition of such products being available this fall for pre-order or otherwise.

Did I miss something??

48 minutes ago, michaeldellario said:

I cannot locate any recent information on the topic.

With so much having changed this year for media consumption involving DCI, I'm concerned at the absence of even a fleeting recognition of such products being available this fall for pre-order or otherwise.

Did I miss something??

If last year is any indication... it will probably be the middle of October before you can order.

http://www.dci.org/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=211236618

I imagine our World Champion Blue Devils show will have edits and cuts in it due to the use of the Rihanna material...pure speculation of course.  I wonder what other edits and cuts we will have to see for various corps on the DVD's/CD's/Blurays due to the licensing being too expensive or not being granted at all....

I did hear in Indy from people working for DCI we might see 13-25 semi's and finals on DVD/Blu-Ray. I do not know how high up these people are, and it could be grasping at a straw wishful thinking on my part,  but I would love to see these shows as well as Open Class finals. What I have heard is that licensing alone is not the problem. There has to be enough of a demand to make it profitable which has not been the case with the sales of  13-25 and Open Class finals in the past.

28 minutes ago, MikeN said:

Just seems like selling *any* kind of physical product in 2017 makes no sense, much less DCI letting it continue to wag the merchandising dog.

Mike

Yes, exactly. I want it on my amazon cloud.

I don't want it on a disc that I'll drop, and the dog will run off with it. Or even worse, I can't get the disc to play because someone put honey in the carrier.

1 hour ago, kkrepps said:

Yes, exactly. I want it on my amazon cloud.

I don't want it on a disc that I'll drop, and the dog will run off with it. Or even worse, I can't get the disc to play because someone put honey in the carrier.

If I had my druthers, I'd like them to offer a la carte sales of BluRay-quality videos via download - let me pick and assemble my own collection...

Edited by gak27
clarification

15 minutes ago, Hrothgar15 said:

Interesting to see what will happen with Carolina Crown's show on the DVDs.

I'm assuming it'll end up being the prelims performance - that was the only one where the mics/speakers worked to the end, right?  Or maybe just the back half will be from there.  They have many editing choices, I think.

Mike

2 hours ago, MikeN said:

Just seems like selling *any* kind of physical product in 2017 makes no sense, much less DCI letting it continue to wag the merchandising dog.

Mike

there's still a large majority of fans that like hysical media and dont want to #### around with that interwebs stuff