Any word on CD/DVD/Blu-ray products for 2017

On 10/11/2017 at 6:35 PM, jeffmolnar said:

I'm not saying they should provide them for free.

I'm saying they might make more money through other avenues if they provided them for free.

Kinda like how every music video that represents hundreds of man-hours is made available for free. The artists and record labels recoup those costs in other ways - the YouTube videos are essentially advertising.

DCI could use some more exposure.

DCI only reaps the major profits off of the regionals and finals week events. They get a set fee regardless of attendance at TEP sponsored shows.

and Lucas oil is maxed out now at how many can squeeze in concert side

4 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

DCI only reaps the major profits off of the regionals and finals week events. They get a set fee regardless of attendance at TEP sponsored shows.

and Lucas oil is maxed out now at how many can squeeze in concert side

I mean, I get it, but... I can watch finals performances of every 2017 corps on YouTube right now. DCI just isn't benefitting from it. If they hosted the videos themselves they could at least use YouTube's monetization systems.

I'm just saying, they probably need to find a different way to recoup those costs. They'd benefit more from putting this stuff out there themselves.

• Like 1

On 10/13/2017 at 11:12 PM, jeffmolnar said:

I mean, I get it, but... I can watch finals performances of every 2017 corps on YouTube right now. DCI just isn't benefitting from it. If they hosted the videos themselves they could at least use YouTube's monetization systems.

I'm just saying, they probably need to find a different way to recoup those costs. They'd benefit more from putting this stuff out there themselves.

well in a way they have.....Flo handles a lot of it now

19 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

well in a way they have.....Flo handles a lot of it now

Right. Maybe they could sell some more Flo subscriptions with archive videos serving as free advertising on YouTube? I dunno.

13 hours ago, jeffmolnar said:

Right. Maybe they could sell some more Flo subscriptions with archive videos serving as free advertising on YouTube? I dunno.

archives, whoever posts, will cost a fortune

1 hour ago, cowtown said:

Curious to see how Bluecoats come out because on the youtubes, there is a lot of clipping on the mics from the finals run, maybe it was just the live feed?

I was at LOS for finals and didn’t notice anything amiss with Coats’ mics. 

17 hours ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

I was at LOS for finals and didn’t notice anything amiss with Coats’ mics. 

I'm thinking he might be referring to the mics associated with the live feed (Flo broadcast).  Having seen a couple of the Flo broadcasts of the Bluecoats, I noticed (especially at the end of the show) the horn line is past the front sideline to the point of being under/even with the Flo mics.  There was a noticeable drop off in sound quality/volume.

6 hours ago, gak27 said:

I'm thinking he might be referring to the mics associated with the live feed (Flo broadcast).  Having seen a couple of the Flo broadcasts of the Bluecoats, I noticed (especially at the end of the show) the horn line is past the front sideline to the point of being under/even with the Flo mics.  There was a noticeable drop off in sound quality/volume.

That is what I meant. The mics recording their show were clipping, Bluecoats didn’t have an issue with their own mics at Finals. On some of the solos and hits, they briefly clip but at the end of the shows, the levels drop and there are massive pops on the big hits. I don’t know if they recorded it with different mics for the media vs the broadcast, hope so.