michaeldellario

Any word on CD/DVD/Blu-ray products for 2017

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, FaustianMachine said:

Not sure if this is 100% confirmed, but The Cavaliers ballad got hit by copyright according to a poster on Reddit. 

......and it begins............

:sneaky::blink::whip::mat::mat::mat:   :39_angry::45_persevere::41_pensive:     

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

But hey, the silver lining here is that this suggests we are indeed getting BluRay/DVDs . So that's kind of a win. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, FaustianMachine said:

Not sure if this is 100% confirmed, but The Cavaliers ballad got hit by copyright according to a poster on Reddit. 

 

It didn't get "hit by copyright".

There are two likely answers, if indeed that piece won't be appearing on the DVD.

1) DCI (as producer of the media) were denied synchronization rights for that piece by the publisher.

2) DCI decided the asking price for that piece was too high.

The Reddit poster claimed DCI got hit by a take-down notice, which would be ridiculous in this case (take-down notices are for DMCA violations online). I'm now waiting for someone to take shots at Cavaliers for choosing a piece that wouldn't get cleared for use on a DVD, despite the fact that those rights aren't the corps' responsibility. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

May not be their responsibility, but if it does get removed, it's the second time in three years their ballad will have been cut.  Sad for the fans, if nothing else.

Mike

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Kamarag said:

 

It didn't get "hit by copyright".

There are two likely answers, if indeed that piece won't be appearing on the DVD.

1) DCI (as producer of the media) were denied synchronization rights for that piece by the publisher.

2) DCI decided the asking price for that piece was too high.

The Reddit poster claimed DCI got hit by a take-down notice, which would be ridiculous in this case (take-down notices are for DMCA violations online). I'm now waiting for someone to take shots at Cavaliers for choosing a piece that wouldn't get cleared for use on a DVD, despite the fact that those rights aren't the corps' responsibility. 

 

This is weird, because the piece in question is "On the Nature of Daylight" by Max Richter, whose work has been featured on DCI media as recently as last year (SCV).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Shempy said:

 

This is weird, because the piece in question is "On the Nature of Daylight" by Max Richter, whose work has been featured on DCI media as recently as last year (SCV).

Rules change

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Shempy said:

 

This is weird, because the piece in question is "On the Nature of Daylight" by Max Richter, whose work has been featured on DCI media as recently as last year (SCV).

It could also be against The Sun's Gone Dim since that was also in the ballad. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/19/2017 at 1:49 AM, FaustianMachine said:

Not sure if this is 100% confirmed, but The Cavaliers ballad got hit by copyright according to a poster on Reddit. 

Well they played about thirty different songs in the 13 minutes so one of them was bound to be an issue lol 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/19/2017 at 11:09 AM, Kamarag said:

I'm now waiting for someone to take shots at Cavaliers for choosing a piece that wouldn't get cleared for use on a DVD, despite the fact that those rights aren't the corps' responsibility. 

I can’t believe the Cavaliers ruined the entire 2017 DVD by picking a song that wouldn’t get cleared

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cowtown said:

I can’t believe the Cavaliers ruined the entire 2017 DVD by picking a song that wouldn’t get cleared

hey Phantom had clearances in 2008.....until the composer changed his mind. So if you didnt order in the first batch, you didnt get the whole show. May not be all Cavies fault.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.