Silent Brass Systems

4 minutes ago, BoaDci said:

I can only speak for trumpet.  I like them alot, but the resistance it puts back on your lips makes the embouchure tire faster.

Yea, I've heard this. He just wants the opportunity to get in extra work in his dorm in late hours. What I can't figure out is if a trombone mute will also work with baritone. In a very short period of time he'll be prepping Cavaliers audition work while also having a full plate at school on trombone. 

6 hours ago, PopcornEater1963 said:

Yea, I've heard this. He just wants the opportunity to get in extra work in his dorm in late hours. What I can't figure out is if a trombone mute will also work with baritone. In a very short period of time he'll be prepping Cavaliers audition work while also having a full plate at school on trombone. 

Yeah, there really isnt much lf a way of getting around it.  He could always soundproof if his roomate is ok with it?  Buy the proper padding for the walls.

https://usa.yamaha.com/products/musical_instruments/winds/silent_brass/silent_brass/specs.html

In some cases, the Pickup Mute™ may not fit instruments that have significantly different bell diameters and/or shapes. Please check before purchasing.
The Pickup Mute™ is not compatible with Piccolo Trumpets, Alto (Tenor) Horns, Baritones, Alto Trombones, Tenor Trombones and Marching Brass Instruments.

Edited by JAZZER