Rest in Peace Paul Cain

CHRISP

Shows in the Boston area have unique qualities, and one was Paul Cain and his famous "(Insert corps name), YOU" with an emphasis on you and often with the audience joining in and after a slight pause "may enter the field for competition." He loved drum corps, the kids involved, and his enthusiastic style was an audience favorite. Rest In Peace.

• Like 8
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Tim K said:

Shows in the Boston area have unique qualities, and one was Paul Cain and his famous "(Insert corps name), YOU" with an emphasis on you and often with the audience joining in and after a slight pause "may enter the field for competition." He loved drum corps, the kids involved, and his enthusiastic style was an audience favorite. Rest In Peace.

Paul traveled with several New England corps plus the Cadets in the early 90's and several WGI guards. He annually announced the Bristol, R. I. Fourth of July parade,. Contagious was his love for the activity and its mms, his honor for military veterans and their service, and his gregarious, humorous and inclusive hospitality for so many he met and soon made his friends. YOU, Paul, have touched so many lives. May you be blessed for your goodness. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Paul Cain marched Drum Corps in the pre DCI years ( St. Mary's Majestic Knights, Charlestown, Ma. ) was later an instructor, show promoter, show announcer, many Corps volunteer, etc.  that gave over a half a century of involvement in many capacities to the Drum Corps community. He was a Massachusetts Drum Corps Hall of Famer Inductee. He was a good Man and will be missed. Condolences to his family and friends. Rest in Peace, Paul.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Tim K said:

I had no idea who he was, but then I saw this post and memories of the one time I marched in the Beanpot Invitational came flooding back. Great announcer with a fun personality. RIP.

So  sorry to hear about Paul. I worked with him at a number of DCI shows.... he was always helpful, and always had a kind word for me. Made it fun!!! A great man.

• Like 1

Paul will forever be my one of my favorite show announcers. A great man who loved the activity and made it accessible to new fans all over the New England region. 

YOU!!! mayhavethefieldincompetition!

:unhappy: RIP

:angel1:

Edited by MotoSurfBass
  • Like 1