Sign in to follow this  
Lithium Nitro

Seattle Cascades 2018

With Scades getting pushed out of semifinals by Legends, Music City, and Spartans, how will they respond in 2018. (I'm also curious what y'all think because I'm auditioning for them in 2018 haha)

Edited by Lithium Nitro
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Lithium Nitro said:

With Scades getting pushed out of semifinals by Legends, Music City, and Spartans, how will they respond in 2018. (I'm also curious what y'all think because I'm auditioning for them in 2018 haha)

I thought they should have been in Semis.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Lithium Nitro said:

If they respond by improving visuals (guard especially) I see them back in semis. 

Have a fantastic audition. Cascades have put out some fun, original programs. I'm particularly impressed with their ability to mash up two divergent tunes and make it work. It's becoming one of their signatures. 

• Like 2

On 9/21/2017 at 2:32 PM, littlejaw said:

I thought they should have been in Semis.

You know I really did too.  I thought they edged out the Spartans.  It was close though, for sure.

In the final ranking, Seattle Cascades DID beat out the Spartans.

Edited by luv4corps

17 hours ago, luv4corps said:

You know I really did too.  I thought they edged out the Spartans.  It was close though, for sure.

Theirs closer was one of my favorites and they had the best singer of the year. She was over shined by the Boston girl because they did well competitively.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, luv4corps said:

That usually happens between the semifinals and finals cutoff, Mandarins finished higher in Semis than Madison did in Finals.

2 hours ago, Lithium Nitro said:

That usually happens between the semifinals and finals cutoff, Mandarins finished higher in Semis than Madison did in Finals.

Yeah interesting comparison... prelims to semis vs. semis to finals.  Same tendency.

On 9/23/2017 at 3:43 PM, luv4corps said:

Yeah. That sucked. My kid is still pretty vocal on his unhappiness on that.

The people I sat with t prelims were pretty divided about Spartans placing ahead of Cascades. Spartans did have a good performance but Cascades did too. I did think Spartans did have the stronger or at least how that had more confidence than Cascades. Cascades missed semi's in 2013 and 2014 but came back stronger in 2015 which included recruiting more marching members, so I think it's reasonable to predict they'll be stronger next year.

• Like 2

The corp fielded the largest it has seen in 2017. Objectively speaking, of all of their performances, prelims were the best, obviously. But they really got it and it just clicked for them. There were no more holes like in previous shows, which was huge (I would mention that was a glaring thing that stood out to me, to my son). Overall the corp members, staff and parents/fans are very proud of what Cascades accomplished this year. Not getting into semis did hurt, but overall they gave their heart and soul, and we couldn’t be any prouder.

• Like 3