FloMarching makes a funny

Amusing. In other Flo news I was watching some of the BoA Toledo regional to catch some of the Indiana bands knowing a few from my home town were going on earlyish. Homestead actually has a 10x8 yard sheet of ice or something similar enough to it for a figure skater during the ballad. 

Speaking of Flo, I purchased the whole year deal because I have a granddaughter who is on the track team at Sacramento State plus I wanted to check out BOA, as well as all the great DCI events.  This is my first time to watch any BOA events and this afternoon I am watching the Regional competition at Clarksville, TN.  Just saw Castle HS and was so impressed with them.  Great sound, an entertaining show, and some saxophone soloists that have me contemplating the possibility that allowing a few sax players (who of course double on a brass instrument) to perform in a drum corps show could be a good thing.  Please don't stone me!

• Sad 1

OMG that is as sarcastically witty as anything on DCP.  Love it.  I have a new respect for Flo.

2 hours ago, RetiredMusTeach said:

Speaking of Flo, I purchased the whole year deal because I have a granddaughter who is on the track team at Sacramento State plus I wanted to check out BOA, as well as all the great DCI events.  This is my first time to watch any BOA events and this afternoon I am watching the Regional competition at Clarksville, TN.  Just saw Castle HS and was so impressed with them.  Great sound, an entertaining show, and some saxophone soloists that have me contemplating the possibility that allowing a few sax players (who of course double on a brass instrument) to perform in a drum corps show could be a good thing.  Please don't stone me!

Well, over here in DCEuroland... Beeches (a corps from the UK) has scratched the drum corps scene here with the pointy end of the wedge with a flute soloist in their ballad... and you know what? I'm not that bothered. In fact it fits nicely into the show and isn't actually all that offensive. My skin didn't fall off and I will still wake up in the morning.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Liahona said:

"Each one of the nine appointed users will have to select their winning corps by January 1st before the season starts."

I'll vote early...

Blue Devils

'nuff said.

You blew your golden opportunity here, Liahona. Several other Corps were available in the Draft, but you passed on them. As such, I will select the Racine Scouts ( sorry, Madison Scouts ) to shock the DCI/ FLO Drum Corps realm and top their Blue Devils Corps at the 2018 DCI Championships with this expert mix of experienced, talented, objective and "ravenously " handsome judging panel that DCI has FINALLY decided to entrust with the judging of their DCI Championships. Lest we forget as well, the Racine Scouts were a Drum Corps fan favorite this season, based upon the highly respected poll results we found earlier this season on the FloMarching website. All the Racine Scouts now have to do with their new found fan favorite status is to equally impress the new DCI judging panel come August 2018 Championships. Since I am on the judging panel, I already have them slotted for a medal in 2018, so this already puts them within reach of topping your Blue Devils, if we can get the other selected judges here to follow the judging group think.

18 hours ago, Stu said:

On the panel: 1) DrumManTx, 2) Brasso, 3) Jeff Ream, 4) George Dixon, 5) Cappybara, 6) Kamarag, 7) Liahona, 8) 2000Cadet, and the 9th to be designated as the Lone Wolf is...?

And you can run the critique!!!  :tongue:

So basically whoever says the snarkiest/funniest thing about George Hopkins gets to bet he 9th?  That seems to be how things go around here...