FloMarching makes a funny

22 hours ago, flammaster said:

I hope they go out of business!

For once we agree.

1 hour ago, xandandl said:

now if they truly wanted to make peace, they might offer a small discount to all their DCP subscribers...obviously who watch FLO very astutely.

According to the article: "The lone wolf user will be chosen based on the funniest post on the thread for this article whenever it hits DCP's message boards."

So far, this post by xandandl is by far the funniest post of the DCP users not already automatically on the panel.

6 hours ago, cixelsyd said:

I did not find it funny.  Kind of disturbing, really.

Maybe if the author had posted this on DCP, where humor is part of the culture, I would feel differently.  Or if FloMarching was already in the habit of injecting comic relief into their content, and thus had spread the ribbing around equally.  But this one lone attack, six weeks after the season ended?

Flo, your resentment is showing.

Lol chill out

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, cixelsyd said:

I did not find it funny.  Kind of disturbing, really.

Maybe if the author had posted this on DCP, where humor is part of the culture, I would feel differently.  Or if FloMarching was already in the habit of injecting comic relief into their content, and thus had spread the ribbing around equally.  But this one lone attack, six weeks after the season ended?

Flo, your resentment is showing.

I have to agree that this is a curious way to garner support, if that was their agenda.

And I tend to think that self-deprecation is what one does when one accepts earned-praise.  Not, generally, best used before the service is actually note-worthy of earned praise.

Here we are all these years later still with complaints about the only things worth selling on a streaming service - audio and video.  Amazing.

I know we're not supposed to be nostalgic in this gig, but am I the only one who remembers broadcasts being more stable BITD?

1 hour ago, garfield said:

I have to agree that this is a curious way to garner support, if that was their agenda.

And I tend to think that self-deprecation is what one does when one accepts earned-praise.  Not, generally, best used before the service is actually note-worthy of earned praise.

Here we are all these years later still with complaints about the only things worth selling on a streaming service - audio and video.  Amazing.

I know we're not supposed to be nostalgic in this gig, but am I the only one who remembers broadcasts being more stable BITD?

I haven’t had Flo’s service but as someone who had FanNetwork for a couple years, I can definitely say TheFanNetwork was one of the worst live streaming experiences I’ve ever experienced. 

The ability to re-watch any performances after the fact, however, definitely made up for it

I'm curious if the people at Flo wanted to see how soon a thread responding to their post would start and what kind of reaction there would be... marketing research? 

Edit:  It just occured to me... we're 5 pages in on the conversation now... talking about Flo offseason... was that their intention? To get people talking about them? Maybe the drum corps should take the hint... release more content in the offseason, even if it's camp recaps.  Keep folks engaged! 

Edited by ranintothedoor

On 9/23/2017 at 10:53 AM, Stu said:

You are third on the list of reputation with a score of over 7,000 likes which placed you in the top eight. You opened this thread claiming you enjoyed the humor. It is a 'punny' game to play as opposed to the 'wicked games you play' (pun intended). Then you refuse to have some humorous fun engaging in the very thread you opened. Lighten up Frances (hat-tip to Sgt. Hulka) and show some humor of your own!!!!

i enjoyed the humor. However, I really don't want to be on any list you've created

On 9/23/2017 at 4:24 PM, Ghost said:

Their agent was asking for too much from Flo.

they didnt even see my demands

On 9/23/2017 at 11:38 PM, MikeN said:

As much crap as we give them during the summer, they probably owed us that one...

I live outside of Austin - might have to introduce myself to these guys.

Mike

please. Their facebook page is worse than here and the DCP facebook page combined