FloMarching makes a funny

17 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

dude thats asking for the death star

' seems it.

19 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

' seems it.

and we know their success rate

45 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

i can still decline. if they cant provide me excellent service, i dont have to partake int heir funnies. And quite honestly the rating system on the site is a joke. Lord know I should be in the negatives

This is your thread; you posted the article; you claim it is funny; you started this; and then you get all serious with 'no thanks, I decline'.  No wonder Flo makes fun of DCP!!!!!

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

any company that that mocks paying customers is not a smart move Stu...simple business. because those people will get mad, and spread the word, and then more business can be lost.

Lord know, I work for a company getting raked across the coals daily. I know the job I do, and how well I do it, and my customer loyalty marks are great. But I still get an earful from people because "you work for them!" And I've had potential business walk because of the issues that have been publicized, despite the fact I'm not responsible for a single one of them.

In that a company should not mock customers, or potential customers, because it may hurt their bottom line I AGREE WITH YOU!  But let's face it... a) compared to the hundreds of thousands of drum corps fans, less than 0ne percent of potential Flo customers actually engage on DCP; b) of those who do engage on DCP most take this site way too seriously; and c) to think that we DCP hacks can really influence anyone who reads our, well, crap-trap, that is what is so very funny about the Flo parody!!!!  And by you getting all serious in the 'no thanks, I decline, Flo should not mock us', (especially since you started the thread in the first place by stating that it was indeed funny), that plays right into the parody presented by Flo!!  So, as Sgt Hulka so eloquently put it. "Lighten up Francis!" and play the game you started when you created this thread!!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

i posted on their facebook page while i laughed, that it wasn't good business sense to poke angry bears that paid them for spotty service.

If anyone was actually offended by that, good business sense or not, then some humor counseling may be needed 

23 minutes ago, Stu said:

In that a company should not mock customers, or potential customers, because it may hurt their bottom line I AGREE WITH YOU!  But let's face it... a) compared to the hundreds of thousands of drum corps fans, less than 0ne percent of potential Flo customers actually engage on DCP; b) of those who do engage on DCP most take this site way too seriously; and c) to think that we DCP hacks can really influence anyone who reads our, well, crap-trap, that is what is so very funny about the Flo parody!!!!  And by you getting all serious in the 'no thanks, I decline, Flo should not mock us', (especially since you started the thread in the first place by stating that it was indeed funny), that plays right into the parody presented by Flo!!  So, as Sgt Hulka so eloquently put it. "Lighten up Francis!" and play the game you started when you created this thread!!!

It’s a sad day when I find myself disagreeing with Jeff and agreeing with Stu

I am not sure what the big hoopala is here.  The writers at flo seem to follow discussions here as I've seen quite a few articles parallel much of the DCP discussion. Sometimes I think we take things WAY to serious (myself included) and start criticizing a company that seems to be making a concerted effort at doing things right. Are they perfect? They are definitely far from that.

I was actually not expecting very much from Flo's streaming service, but to my surprise the quality was actually not bad at all (my grades are audio A, video B-) from my own personal experience. Although to note, my computer is set-up for a high-end gaming experience, so this may be a differentiating factor in why I'm satisfied with the experience from Flo. My main complaint of the video experience is that video staff that seems to miss "capturing" the cool show moments for many of the corps and close-ups are WAY TOO CLOSE imo.

As far as other customer issues. I've read people complaining about being charged, but never actually took the steps to properly cancel their subscription. I canceled my subscription without incident. I've heard people complain that they were charged for a yearly subscription and wanted monthly, but failed to read that if you pay yearly you are in effect just getting a monthly savings.  I've heard people complain about what days their card is charged, yet fail to read the terms of service agreement. If you rush through things without taking the time to actually read and understand what is clearly outlined for all to see, then most of these issues would not even exist in the first place.

That said, Flo should perhaps follow the playbook of my local grocery store "Stew Leonard's"...that store has grown to become not only the World's largest dairy store, but one of the most renowned grocery stores, with annual sales of almost $400 million and almost 2,000 team members (top 100 best places to work as well - Source: fortune magazine).

"Rule #1 -- The Customer is Always Right"; Rule #2 - If the Customer is Ever Wrong, Re-Read Rule #1." This principle was so essential to the foundation of the company that it was etched in a three-ton granite rock at each store's entrance. 

img_stew_rock_245px.jpg

6 hours ago, Stu said:

This is your thread; you posted the article; you claim it is funny; you started this; and then you get all serious with 'no thanks, I decline'.  No wonder Flo makes fun of DCP!!!!!

i said it was funny. i didnt say i wanted to play along with their reindeer games.

the point of the thread is a business getting seriously crappy reviews shouldnt be poking fun at paying customers

6 hours ago, Stu said:

i actually come here and laugh pretty much every time i log on. sometimes with you, and some times at you...i'll let you guess

:bluedevil: