FloMarching makes a funny

4 hours ago, Stu said:

Thanks for not only proving my point but Flo's. This is not absolutism it is fun parody; this is not us on DCP deciding the DCI champion it is fun parody; this is not literal it is fun parody; this is not seriousness it is fun parody (something to poke fun, to make fun, of 'ourselves'). I lmao when someone posted that I might do cratique. And if it were not for another poster on DCP I would have accepted (because that is my personality being parodied). But you respond here with a position of defense and anger as opposed to poking fun at yourself; and you even started this all off with a title that says Flo makes a funny. So, again, thanks for not only proving my point but Flo's.

you have a very nice drum corps.

i've proven that you create issues and assume things. read the first three letters in assume.

3 hours ago, Stu said:

this is DC 'P' man; why are you not poking fun at yourself! :tongue:

i have been since 2002. You're a better and easier target

5 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

you have a very nice drum corps.

i've proven that you create issues and assume things. read the first three letters in assume.

At least I admit being an a## on various occasions, and am fine with making fun of myself, fine with Flo making fun of me, and fine with you making fun of me; but the only thing you have proven is that Flo is more right than they realize about our bantering here on DCP being taken way too seriously by, cough, cough, some who post here. I laugh when looking in the mirror; others, cough, cough, get their chest puffed up.

Edited by Stu

5 hours ago, Stu said:

At least I admit being an a## on various occasions, and am fine with making fun of myself, fine with Flo making fun of me, and fine with you making fun of me; but the only thing you have proven is that Flo is more right than they realize about our bantering here on DCP being taken way too seriously by, cough, cough, some who post here. I laugh when looking in the mirror; others, cough, cough, get their chest puffed up.

dude i've built my rep on being an ### since i discovered RAMD in 1997. I make fun of myself all over the place on here and anywhere else. Ask Fran. 

but no I haven't proven anything about Flo except they need to improve customer relations in many different ways in many different places. Streaming issues aside, making fun of paying customer, stock answers when service issues arise ( that usually start with blaming the customer when it's in fact their service thats the problem).....all not good business practices.

trust me, I deal with some challenges in my job, There are some customers i literally want to close my laptop, look at, and laugh hysterically given the lack of reality involved. But I don't. I smile, tell them I understand, and try to find a long term solution for them if a quick one isnt possible. It's earned me some loyal customers who gladly refer me to friends and family.....and unlike Flo, I'm not the only game in town

40 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

dude i've built my rep on being an ### since i discovered RAMD in 1997. I make fun of myself all over the place on here and anywhere else. Ask Fran. 

but no I haven't proven anything about Flo except they need to improve customer relations in many different ways in many different places. Streaming issues aside, making fun of paying customer, stock answers when service issues arise ( that usually start with blaming the customer when it's in fact their service thats the problem).....all not good business practices.

trust me, I deal with some challenges in my job, There are some customers i literally want to close my laptop, look at, and laugh hysterically given the lack of reality involved. But I don't. I smile, tell them I understand, and try to find a long term solution for them if a quick one isnt possible. It's earned me some loyal customers who gladly refer me to friends and family.....and unlike Flo, I'm not the only game in town

I hope and pray Michael Gilley is reading through this thread; it is so supportive and reflective of his Onion-esque take on DCP.

I don't care what anybody else on here says, I personally like JoMarching. She's far prettier than NoMarching, most of who gravitate to the Couchmen these days now anyway.

Even though I appreciate Flo's attempt at humor, I feel this thing was akin to a guy going for 1st or 2nd base on a first date... They haven't built a positive relationship with this particular fan base yet and so something that, say, DCI could get away with... well, not so much Flo.  

With a couple years of providing quality service, it would've been a lot funnier.  :-) 

1 hour ago, ranintothedoor said:

Edited by BRASSO

Edited by BRASSO

On 9/28/2017 at 10:13 AM, BRASSO said:

I don't care what anybody else on here says, I personally like JoMarching. She's far prettier than NoMarching, most of who gravitate to the Couchmen these days now anyway.

well with some of the complaints about modern drill, I can see why the Couchmen are popular