FloMarching makes a funny

3 hours ago, BRASSO said:

" If Nominated, I will not run. If Elected, I will not serve. "

William Tecumseh Sherman, Union Civil War General, post Civil War.

That doesn't bode well for the Spirit of Atlanta.

Edited by xandandl

On 9/22/2017 at 11:30 PM, Jeff Ream said:

http://www.flomarching.com/article/62055-dcp-users-to-select-dci-world-champions#.WcXVKltSzIU

i laughed. hopefully they spend as much time on doing good customer service after someone gets their panties in a bunch over this. I found it funny, but making fun of customers who pay isnt always a good idea.

I did not find it funny.  Kind of disturbing, really.

Maybe if the author had posted this on DCP, where humor is part of the culture, I would feel differently.  Or if FloMarching was already in the habit of injecting comic relief into their content, and thus had spread the ribbing around equally.  But this one lone attack, six weeks after the season ended?

Flo, your resentment is showing.

They certainly did a stellar job proofreading, huh?  :41_pensive:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cixelsyd said:

I did not find it funny.  Kind of disturbing, really.

Maybe if the author had posted this on DCP, where humor is part of the culture, I would feel differently.  Or if FloMarching was already in the habit of injecting comic relief into their content, and thus had spread the ribbing around equally.  But this one lone attack, six weeks after the season ended?

Flo, your resentment is showing.

oh, please. Lighten up. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, gak27 said:

They certainly did a stellar job proofreading, huh?  :41_pensive:

Yes, the incorrect grammar/ spelling usage in the Flo article there was also so noted and pretty funny too... lol   The intent of the article was not meant to be taken seriously. It was meant to be funny, and on so many levels, it was, imo.... lol

Edited by BRASSO

14 minutes ago, xandandl said:

now if they truly wanted to make peace, they might offer a small discount to all their DCP subscribers...obviously who watch FLO very astutely.

I think you'll have just about as much success at that as you will getting a refund of your membership dues to DCP.

(The interesting thing is that DCP offers refunds all the time, and is serious about the offer!)

Edited by garfield
  • Like 1