Shows that you wish made finals

1975 Hawthorne Muchachos. ( Disqualified. )

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

Y'all are severely underrating Troopers 2013 (Magnificent 11). That sunburst...

(Side-note: I know I cry relatively easily with drum corps, but that was a good year for shows-making-you-cry, between the sunburst in Troopers' show and "Never Walk" for Madison. And probably a few others, but those are the two that come to mind immediately.)

• Like 4

Magic 1998....that hornline!

1 hour ago, ftwdrummer said:

(Side-note: I know I cry relatively easily with drum corps, but that was a good year for shows-making-you-cry, between the sunburst in Troopers' show and "Never Walk" for Madison. And probably a few others, but those are the two that come to mind immediately.)

YES I forgot to mention that troopers show too. There were many Troopers shows that I wish made finals 

1 hour ago, ftwdrummer said:

From their recently revamped website, here's the link to the fans page that has the 2013 closer.  It is under Videos, From the Archives and is titled "2013 Color Guard Judges Tape"  It would appear that the much maligned Ms Torchia dug the closer and when one listens closely, so did the other judges in the box who can be heard in her recording.

https://www.troopersdrumcorps.org/fans

• Like 4

Glassmen, 2011 - 2017

:41_pensive:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Mandarins 2017 (but I think we might see them break into the top 12 soon)

Freelancers 1993 (I think that's the year I'm thinking about music of Chase)

Crossmen 2008 (Planet X - I think what would've been pretty amazing was if they would have blended parts of their 1992 show with the closer that year)

6 hours ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

1977 Oakland Crusaders - Number one drum line in DCI that year (a Tom Float line). The corps finished in 13th place.

Oakland Cru finished 15th, but you were close enough. They won Percussion in Prelims, but they failed to make Finals. What would be the chances a DCI Corps could win.... say Guard.... in Prelims these days, but fail to make Finals ? I know, Slim and None..., and Slim just left town.... haha!

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1