15 minutes ago, BoaDci said:

Completely, 100% unbiased XD

Mine is probably

2014 Colts

2016 BDB

2016 Scouts

2 hours ago, DawsonBurnes said:

Definitely 2000 Southwind 

hey was he even born yet in 2000? I think Mr. Southwind was not.

Edited by xandandl
  • Like 1

I'm definitely biased on this one...

1990 Boston Crusaders

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, xandandl said:
  2 hours ago, DawsonBurnes said:

Definitely 2000 Southwind 

hey was he even born yet in 2000? I think Mr. Southwind was not.

I was born in January of 2002. But SW’s rendition of Legends that year brings me to tears every time 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DawsonBurnes said:

I was born in January of 2002. But SW’s rendition of Legends that year brings me to tears every time 

you officially made all of us DINOS, even Cappybara who is still eligible to "march".

What did you learn this summer from being in the low brass line rather than being on the podium?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Wow....i'm amazed at so much history, and feel like such a rookie, 2012 was my first year of involvement as our child marched their rookie year with Spirit, Sin City.

4 hours ago, xandandl said:

you officially made all of us DINOS, even Cappybara who is still eligible to "march".

What did you learn this summer from being in the low brass line rather than being on the podium?

One of the main things I learned was how to overcome adversity. Holding up a KING euphonium is pretty hard, especially if your primary is trumpet. What was worse was playing on it during rehearsal in Missouri where the real feel was 130 degrees. I wasn’t set up for success, but I managed to get through it. I imagine that experience would help me if I became drum major. 

• Like 1

1972 Cadets...were 13th by a single tenth. We would have been 10th without a 1.8 overtime penalty.

The staff diddled with the show all the way out to Whitewater, adding and adding, but not deleting.  Oh, well.

it was a great show, the "No More War" show.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, MikeD said:

1972 Cadets...were 13th by a single tenth. We would have been 10th without a 1.8 overtime penalty.

The staff diddled with the show all the way out to Whitewater, adding and adding, but not deleting.  Oh, well.

Thats a shame. MikeD, and was not aware of this 'till you just mentioned this. Was the 1.8 overtime penalty based upon the number of seconds you guys that year went over the time limit ? I'm thinking the odd number given in the penalty points to this perhaps.

13 minutes ago, MikeD said:

I could live 300 more years and never, ever figure out why corps staffs used to do that... not just Cadets that year, but other corps in other years who bumped right up against, or went over, the time limit.

I mean... there were stopwatches available then, right? :tongue:  A simple "time the runthrough" would give a corps a pretty good idea that they were flirting with overtime. Then factor in any delays for applause, etc., and you'd know you were asking for trouble.

I agree, Cadets had a great show in 1972. Sucks that they didn't make finals. 

Edited by Fran Haring