Shows that you wish made finals

1 hour ago, MikeD said:

Yes, Bobby Hoffman, Don Angelica, Fred Sanford were total buffoons.

The staff you mentioned constructed a show that was overtime by almost a full min., it received a 1.8 penalty, and it knocked the corps out of top 12. You say it was not done on purpose with over- confident arrogant thinking that the corps would not get knocked out of top 12; well, the only thing left is incompetent buffoonery in that they either did not have the capability to construct a show performance within the time allotted or they just could not read a watch.

19 minutes ago, Stu said:

The staff you mentioned constructed a show that was overtime by almost a full min., it received a 1.8 penalty, and it knocked the corps out of top 12. You say it was not done on purpose with over- confident arrogant thinking that the corps would not get knocked out of top 12; well, the only thing left is incompetent buffoonery in that they either did not have the capability to construct a show performance within the time allotted or they just could not read a watch.

Guess you will have to speculate.

• Like 1

"Wishing, and Hoping.....":

1972 Madison Scouts.  They had a really rough start, but picked up enough momentum and members that by DCI time they could have slipped into the first ever Finals.  

Another near miss that innaugural year were the resurgent Bellville Black Knights.    The prior evening they had managed to beat DesPlaines Vanguard, the Bleu Raeders and Garfield Cadets, all of whom got past them in DCI Prelims.

Elphaba     :flower:

Edited by elphaba01
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, elphaba01 said:

"Wishing, and Hoping.....":

1972 Madison Scouts.  They had a really rough start, but picked up enough momentum and members that by DCI time they could have slipped into the first ever Finals.  

Another near miss that innaugural year were the resurgent Bellville Black Knights.  

Elphaba     :flower:

Heard an early-season recording of the Scouts that year... wow, they had one heck of a tough brass book.  I can imagine it took a while to get that up to speed.

On 10/2/2017 at 2:37 PM, Stu said:

Ya used this phrase in another thread; and after I read the phrase, and I woke up one morning around 3am and could not go back to sleep, I did some research.  Out of all the threads I have ever posted to since joining DCP in 2010, I have only had 'the last word' in 7% of those threads; again just 7%.  So while you may try to be cute and sarcastic, the truth is far from your claim. just sayin'. :turn:

I don't believe a word you said in bold above (my bolding), unless you prove it beyond a shadow of a doubt by making public the statistics for your claim, your research methods, and so forth. Holding you to your own standard of demanding positive, irrefutable proof from everyone else here regarding the most benign comments they might make on any number of subjects.

Either way, you'll remain "Last Word Stu" to me.  Simply because even if you don't factually have the literal last word on every subject, you certainly cannot resist posting a response to nearly anything anyone else says.  

And I absolutely don't believe I'm either cute or sarcastic. Just an ugly Jersey guy at heart.   :tongue:

Edited by Fran Haring

4 hours ago, BRASSO said:

Boston Crusaders... 1994. So close, just 4 tenths, and it would have been this Iconic Corps with lots of accomplishments in the pre DCI years, 1st Top 12 Finish in the DCI years... at a DCI Finals held in Foxboro, Massachusetts that 1994 season too no less. So close, but no cigar. Nothing against the Colts ( finished 12th)   though, as they were deserving TOP 12 Finalists as well that season, imo.

BAC in Finals that year... you're right, that would have been quite a story. 

There were a couple of other times when I thought they could make it in. 1978 and 1990.

Am I reading arguing over something that happened 45 years ago?  Nice. Oh, and Stu, if you got the last word 7 percent of the time, but the next highest poster is 1 percent, then Fran is still correct in his assessment. So you have some more analysis to do here. I'm thinking you should develop a spreadsheet of the top 20 "last word" posters to show you are not the worst offender. 

Edited by HockeyDad
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Stu said:

But 'you' are not my parent!  :hehe: The only ones here that can curtail my opinions are the mods; it is their house.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 10/2/2017 at 8:10 PM, HockeyDad said:

Am I reading arguing over something that happened 45 years ago?  Nice. Oh, and Stu, if you got the last word 7 percent of the time, but the next highest poster is 1 percent, then Fran is still correct in his assessment. So you have some more analysis to do here. I'm thinking you should develop a spreadsheet of the top 20 "last word" posters to show you are not the worst offender. 

put me in coach.... I wanna be .....THE LAST WORD !!!