2018 Uniform Thread

2 hours ago, DawsonBurnes said:

Now that the Blue Devils won DCI with a more traditional uniform, Wil we expect to see corps follow their lead? Or will the spandex uniforms continue to appear in DCI?

It will become or continue to be open choices for each corps. It will allow corps to have the option of full on themed or a hint of themed productions.

The Boston Crusaders more than likely will not be without headgear, given they have a pre-show tradition where the entire corps proper taps the BAC morse code on their shakos. I don't think they'd get rid of their shakos if it meant giving up a long-standing tradition.

Edited by Cadevilina Crown

1 minute ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

The Boston Crusaders more than likely will not be without headgear, given they have a pre-show tradition where the entire corps proper taps the BAC morse code on their shakos. I don't think they'd get rid of their shakos if it meant giving up a long-standing tradition.

Maybe maybe not...Any corps that made changes side stepped from tradition to do what they feel they needed do to

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MikeN said:

I don't think we're putting this genie back in the bottle.  

Mike

Many posts on similar uniform threads reflect opinions differing with your I-dream-of genie fantasy but rather see this costume fad akin to Medusa. What happens at the Rules Congress should be very interesting.

P.S. Opening post is very well written.

Edited by xandandl
  • Like 1

too many logistical advantages to the onesies, plus they have no negative impact on scoring from what i can tell

and BD's show was all about change/breaking boundaries, so i expect them to be at the forefront with the wgi uniforms in the future

Edited by Lance

6 hours ago, BRASSO said:

I know you probably stated this tongue in cheek, but " 90's uniforms " might you be referring too, anyway ?. Throughout the DCI years, Corps have had pretty wide diversity of attire/ headgear, with very few of them being similar to one another... 1990's included. Personally, I think the 1970's were THE single most diverse decade for DCI Drum Corps styles of attire/ headgear. We have not quite seen such wide diversity of styles, and headgear since imo. DCI had attire/ headgear choices that were as dissimilar as that of Guardsmen, 27th, Bridgemen, Garfield Cadets, Hawthorne Muchachos, Les Chatelaines, Freelancers, Kilties, Sky Ryders, Boston Crusaders,, The Troopers, Bellevelle Black Knights,  Bluecoats, , Madison Scouts, Wausau Story,  De La Salle Oaklands,  Custers Brigade, General Butler Vagabonds, CMCC Warriors,  Racine Scouts,  Finleyville Crusaders, Phantom Regiment, SCV,  Blue Devils, Blue Stars, Blue Knights, Anaheim Kingsmen, Velvet Knights etc... and too many more thoroughly diverse attire/ headgear choices   made among the Corps to mention from this era . ( and none of their attire/ headgear choices had any bearing on their scores/ placements back then either.. lol)

TL/DR

18 hours ago, DawsonBurnes said:

It was a relatively traditional uniform though. They have shakos, bibbers, and non-spandex tops. I’m not saying traditional as in the Cadets West-point uniforms

They wore shakos.  In the present climate, that absolutely qualifies as traditional.