Historical Age Out Stats

2 hours ago, PopcornEater1963 said:

Haven't seen one, and would love to see your info! 

3 hours ago, Drumcorpdad62 said:

I have great info for 2017 age outs, but is there any posts from previous years that show the same thing?

Several end of season threads have listed how many age-outs in particular corps. Similar threads can be found the week after most championships if one goes back through DCP proofing both the Championships week threads and the week after.  A comparison thread of year to year (both corps comparison to any given season and comparing seasons to seasons,) hasn't been publicly posted as that info may be curious for the statistician but not necessarily useful for most posters. 

Edited by xandandl

Corps # of Age-Outs
Blue Devils B 3
Colt Cadets 0
Gold 2
Guardians 10
Impulse 3
Legends 10
Les Stentors 0
Louisiana Stars 5
Music City 11
Raiders 2
River City Rhythm 7
Shadow 30
Southwind 4
Spartans 14
Vanguard Cadets 17
7th Regiment 6

World Class

With many more people finishing out their marching careers in World Class, the average number of age-outs in World Class corps was 32. Even more interesting is that the average number of age-outs in the Finalists corps is 42, with a total of 509 age-outs between the top 12 corps. All 24 World Class corps are listed in alphabetical order. 

Corps # of Age-Outs
The Academy 45
Blue Devils 60
Blue Knights 35
Blue Stars 40
Bluecoats 54
Boston Crusaders 36
The Cadets 45
Carolina Crown 45
The Cavaliers 43
Colts 25
Crossmen 20
Jersey Surf 20
Genesis 9
Madison Scouts 30
Mandarins 13
Oregon Crusaders 22
Pacific Crest 17
Phantom Regiment 45
Pioneer 12
Seattle Cascades 21
Santa Clara Vanguard 56
Spirit of Atlanta 25
Troopers 22

age out numbers 2017

If these age out numbers are accurate, Shadow ( Open Class Div. ) apparently had as many age outs as Madison Scouts ( 30 ) did and 10 more than DCI World Class Finalist Crossmen did ( who had 20)

Edited by BRASSO

18 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

If these age out numbers are accurate, Shadow ( Open Class Div. ) apparently had as many age outs as Madison Scouts ( 30 ) did and 10 more than DCI World Class Finalist Crossmen did ( who had 20)

I think Shadow has an age limit that is lower than DCI's. It probably stems from them still being strongly tied to the local school district.

Yep, 14-18.

Edited by Brian Tuma

2 hours ago, Brian Tuma said:

I think Shadow has an age limit that is lower than DCI's. It probably stems from them still being strongly tied to the local school district.

Yep, 14-18.

If true, it probably means then that the " 30" age outs for Shadow listed above is inaccurate. Maybe the age outs are " 3 ", and its a typo error showing " 30 " ?

10 hours ago, desertrat68 said:

Academy's number is way off. It's 21, not 45. And yes, I'm sure 21 is correct. 

I'm surprised a bit that Academy even had " 21 " age outs. They looked rather young to me this season. The Crossmen supposedly had 20 age outs, but they looked a bit older as a group to me than the Academy. Just shows that my eyes can deceive me sometimes.. haha