Should Open Class just be World Class?

1 hour ago, Fran Haring said:

First point: You don't do snark well. No need for the insulting tone here.  But I'm guessing that is what you are all about.  Last Word Stu, at all costs.

Second: You'd be correct, I should know the rules going in.

Only point: Since you admit that you should know the rules going in, your post about 'not being happy' with any bump in classification would thus be childish whining. Word.

On 10/13/2017 at 7:25 PM, Fran Haring said:

Man... gotta be honest, if I'm running an organization that gets bumped up in-season, I would not be happy.  And it sucks that those groups have no recourse other than accept the "promotion" or stay home.

It seems, in a way, that it's almost like a group being punished, at least short-term, for getting better.

depends on the group. Some now it and try to sandbag and pray they dont get bumped

• Like 1

On 10/13/2017 at 8:36 PM, Stu said:

You are the one who is whining about WGI and their classification bump system. And if anyone walks into OC in WGI and complains about the game and rules of getting bumped up to WC, shame on them, or you.

i'm not whining. show the flaw in the system, but not whining.

17 hours ago, Fran Haring said:

First point: You don't do snark well. No need for the insulting tone here.  But I'm guessing that is what you are all about.  Last Word Stu, at all costs.

:guinesssmilie:

16 hours ago, wolfgang said:

For the record, Pulse Open was bumped in 2012 and made WC Finals.  They have made WC Finals 5 of the past 6 years. On what basis does anyone have a leg to stand on claiming they should not have been promoted?

at the time, the goal was for it to be a feeder of Pulse. Since then they've adjusted the mission and focus of the group.

15 hours ago, Stu said:

On the authority of Jeff and the unhappiness of Fran, we now pronounce them both as legs to stand on in complaining about the Pulse Promotion.

or on the lack of your reading skills, you don't get what I am saying at all. Not surprised.

8 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

i'm not whining. show the flaw in the system, but not whining.

But there is no flaw in the system; you just do not like it that the higher scoring units can get bumped up to even out class numbers; that is not a flaw just something you do not like. And 'that' is whining.

9 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

or on the lack of your reading skills, you don't get what I am saying at all. Not surprised.

I get what you are saying; you do not like the things you do not like; but that does not make those things flaws; just part of the system you do not like. Big difference.

Rant removed.  Never mind.  Waste of time and energy.

Edited by Fran Haring