All time shows: the Cavaliers

Thank you for all of your responses! A week into this thread and here are the results:

Top 5

1. 2006- the machine

2. 1995- the planets

3. 2016- Propaganda

4. 2008- Samurai

5. 2010- Mad World

HMs- 2014 Immortal, Cavalier Anthems

Least Favorites

2012- 15 Min of Fame

2014- Game On

2013- Secret Society

I think my biggest surprise is that frameworks doesn't even get an HM and was tied for 8th with 5 other shows!

Please feel free to keep posting your thoughts!

I am hoping to hit all 24 WC corps and maybe a few bonuses. I will start a new thread tomorrow! 

You know what? I actually kinda liked Game On. It’s not in my five favorite Cavaliers shows, and I get that people were very underwhelmed because it didn’t reach expectations Cavaliers fans have. But I thought the music (especially in the opener) was very solid, and it still had its “wow” moments.

I also heard that many of the corps got sick on tour that year and ran into other problems. In a way, I think what happened makes the show’s theme, about perseverance and overcoming obstacles and all, more meaningful to me.

Again, it’s not my favorite, but I wouldn’t say it was my least favorite either

• Like 1

85 (that's when they used a ton of colored cymbals, right?)

2008 (use to like 2006 and its a great show but it doesn't hold my interest,  think 2008 was a better design but it felt a bit stale at the time, hindsight and all)

2010 (might be their best drill ever, look for an overhead cam view)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hook'emCavies said:

What if I dont have a least favorite??

That's okay- that part is optional :sigh:

On ‎10‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 9:14 PM, Fran Haring said:

Two from way back... 1971, the year the Cavies did the "Circus" production as part of their show.  One of the defining moments in drum corps history.  What they did seems so tame now... but man, did they take some heat for the use of the costumed characters. 

And 1966... the classic original version of "Bully" plus other cool stuff. Big horn line for its time with a huge sound... groundbreaking use of tuned bass drums... and a show ahead of its time.

I'm glad somebody mentioned these 2 shows.  Its hard to remember how dominant they were in the 60s especially 66 despite the big upset by Golden Knights at the Dream. 

Cavies and Madison both took some heat that year but I think it all worked out eventually.

Off topic maybe but the Scouts can not claim to be an all male corps 1000%.  They had a girl play Alice in their Alice in Wonderland show in 1971.

Edited by Bucbari