All time shows: the Cavaliers

12 hours ago, Bucbari said:

I'm glad somebody mentioned these 2 shows.  Its hard to remember how dominant they were in the 60s especially 66 despite the big upset by Golden Knights at the Dream. 

Cavies and Madison both took some heat that year but I think it all worked out eventually.

Off topic maybe but the Scouts can not claim to be an all male corps 1000%.  They had a girl play Alice in their Alice in Wonderland show in 1971.

Rumor had it at the time they also used girls in the American flag section at VFW Nationals in 1980. 

2000 will always be at the top of my list, as that's the first Cavaliers show I saw live as a young high school student mopping up the droll at the end of that show and just being introduced to drum corps after seeing pictures online ("who are Blue Devils and Santa Clara?").  And that percussion...

1992-wonderful music and emotion

2006-just cool and bad a**

2001-Should not have won, too dirty; but set up the concept show for other corps to follow

2004-Finally put to rest "I wonder how it would be if a modern drum corps performed classic James Bond music instead of a crappy hs band?" 

Least:

2013-hints of a better corps than the previous year, but design was still a little on the nose

2007-Not my least fav, but just kind of boring minus some cool guard and drill moves

2015-took me until mid season to realize the show wasn't about video games...

2012-Just...no.

1996-well performed, but a little 'vanilla'

• Like 1

I chose Cavaliers 2006 as one of mine above... "The Machine ". Heres a snippet of their show that year for those on here perhaps unfamiliar with it. The Cavaliers won DCI in 2006 with it.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Thanks 1

On 10/7/2017 at 12:12 PM, Tim K said:

2. Frameworks 2002

2002 Cavaliers  " Frameworks " was the Cavaliers highest Finals score ever ( 99.150 ), and won them a DCI Title this season. Not one of my personal 5 favorite shows from them, but undeniable efficiency in all captions that season. A 1 minute snippet... their closer that season:

Edited by BRASSO

First, I am being a "homer" with my only marching member year. 

I take you back to 1980.  So many people have come up to me over the years and mention that show as the reason they became "hooked" on drum corps.  I give you the following:

1. Fiedler and the mace toss at the first hit of the opener.
  2. Rifle toss over the horn line in the drum solo
  3. Double rifles by the guard
  4. The step-over in the closer.

Yes, I am the "Old Corps Guy" and freely admit it.

p.s.  I forgot to mention, Rita Moreno loved us.

Edited by Old Corps Guy
  • Like 3

On 10/18/2017 at 11:38 AM, DAvery said:

Rumor had it at the time they also used girls in the American flag section at VFW Nationals in 1980. 

And the young lady featured in the "Carmen Project" show, 2000s.

1 hour ago, Fran Haring said:

And the young lady featured in the "Carmen Project" show, 2000s.

All male drum corps,

There can be only one..............

I can't believe I just went there.

Edited by Old Corps Guy