Full-field tarp?

7 hours ago, jwillis35 said:

Never know, we might see one of these soon. Most of the time a corps rolls out a tarp I cringe. The only effective tarp I have seen was Blue Devils' use of the wave effect in 2016. 

To me, what Crown did with the banner that flew over the corps in the 2015 show, or their use of the see-through-silk that they used over the brass, is way more effective for visual and GE. 

BD used the tarp and then it went away.  And it worked.   

Agree on Crown, too.  

OMG!  

For those of us who don't Twitter (shame on you, N.E.), this is STUNNING!

Honest to God, I'm so utterly close to just walking away from this whole gig, and now THIS?!

I...I'm not sure what to say.  I want to see the whole show in real time, with music.  Help, someone...

Oh, wow.  This...this could change everything.

I was really prepared to say "This is it.  The Bando has beaten me to a pulp."

But, WoW!

Edited by garfield

I am here in St. Louis right now live, I got the awesome chance to live blog for this event!  

Long story short, this show is unlike anything I've ever seen in terms of the scale.  And not just the tarps, in the choreography and whole visual design as well.  And, well if you didn't read my comments I loved it.  It was absolutely enthralling, I want to watch that show 20 more times just to catch everything.  That is close to the most fun I've had watching a marching arts performance, and the music.  That show has left a HUGE impact on me.  

Think the activity is dying because of it?  No.  The buzz created by this show is something else, we can't stop talking about it here.    And ditto from the guy next to me.  

:)

• Like 2

I was thinking about a corps/band doing this ever since bluecoats tilt show...and finally it's been done...good for them...

7 hours ago, garfield said:

For those of us who don't Twitter (shame on you, N.E.), this is STUNNING!

I don't actually have a Twitter account, though I browse certain feeds fairly extensively. (And if it's good enough for the most powerful person in the world to use, who am I to condemn it?) But I actually found this link via the Music for All home page

(As I type this, it occurs to me that the band that won the contest this evening in your town has a giant silver fly-over tarp, a la Crown 2015.)