Full-field tarp?

21 hours ago, DrumManTx said:

I am here in St. Louis right now live, I got the awesome chance to live blog for this event!  

Long story short, this show is unlike anything I've ever seen in terms of the scale.  And not just the tarps, in the choreography and whole visual design as well.  And, well if you didn't read my comments I loved it.  It was absolutely enthralling, I want to watch that show 20 more times just to catch everything.  That is close to the most fun I've had watching a marching arts performance, and the music.  That show has left a HUGE impact on me.  

Think the activity is dying because of it?  No.  The buzz created by this show is something else, we can't stop talking about it here.    And ditto from the guy next to me.  

:)

I've just rewatched O'Fallon's finals performance. Liked the show. Great design. Really dirty. I wasn't aware that it was such a big deal to have a full field tarp though.

Honestly, there were a lot of innovative shows at both regionals, and I hope some of this innovation seeps over to DCI next year.

Edited by jjeffeory

48 minutes ago, 84BDsop said:

Presenting their 2017 program, "A Tribute to Pyware"....

Repertoire:

One Day I'll Py Away

Py Me to the Moon

Py by Night 

Py Like an Eagle

Gonna Py Now

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, Lance said:

just a matter of time for dci

Corps will utilize the TARP money for this. I suppose its better for DCI corps to spend the TARP money than the Banks that can't even cover enough ground to save themselves.

Edited by BRASSO

On 10/21/2017 at 8:59 PM, DrumManTx said:

I am here in St. Louis right now live, I got the awesome chance to live blog for this event!  

Long story short, this show is unlike anything I've ever seen in terms of the scale.  And not just the tarps, in the choreography and whole visual design as well.  And, well if you didn't read my comments I loved it.  It was absolutely enthralling, I want to watch that show 20 more times just to catch everything.  That is close to the most fun I've had watching a marching arts performance, and the music.  That show has left a HUGE impact on me.  

Think the activity is dying because of it?  No.  The buzz created by this show is something else, we can't stop talking about it here.    And ditto from the guy next to me.  

:)

O'Fallon Township (which my nephew plays football for) really may have changed the game. that show was amazing. I may go to Indy for GN if they make finals. I can see this happening in the summer real soon. They will be at 4A prelims on Flo, for t hose of you  that still subscribe. 

Like anything else, its all in the presentation. I'm open to see how a Corps might do this.

4 hours ago, MikeN said:

That was awesome to see sped up - I'm a convert.  Bring on the tarps.

On one of the "Legacy" DVDs from DCI's earlier years, one announcer asks the other what differentiates drum and bugle corps from marching bands. Just look at the field, the second announcer says: no yard lines. Was that actually true, by the way? If it was, this development would represent a return to the past.

On 10/20/2017 at 7:26 PM, N.E. Brigand said:

Earlier tonight at the Bands of America "Super Regional" competition in St. Louis:

Will we soon see this sort of thing in DCI?

on regular turf it's an issue

• Like 1

It will be most likely be the latest in a line of, "Oh look, SHINY OBJECT"  moments.  Some designers will think its the greatest thing since vocals, electronics, props, etc.  -------> ($$$)  Mo Money. 

Others will approach it like an eight week old Labrador puppy.  Can I play with?  Can I eat it?  If not?  P*** on it and walk away.  ------> ($$$) Less Money.

• Thanks 1