A Gift - The Source Music (Thru the years)

Before I get started, I wanted to give credit where credit is due.  Mingusmonk, and later Liahona, started providing show song titles and source music some time ago. We all truly appreciated it. We loaded up that thread with comments and it is a "pinned" thread each year.  I was unable to use the Spotify links he originally provided in my office due to it being blocked for streaming.   I took to my own this year and started setting up on YouTube with a similar break-out of source music.  THANK YOU MINGUSMONK & LIAHONA!!!!!

I have been missing the music since the end of the season and decided to take on a new task of my own.  As of this morning, all source music for DCI Finalist shows from 1979-2017 are available as a “playlist” on YouTube and are public for you to listen to at your leisure.  I figure you can choose a year and set it on random.  That provides you almost a whole work day of music in the office.

I can't promise that I got every title correct and if you spot an error, please message me and I will fix it.  Here's how it works:

Choose a year and add it to the end of "Drum Corps" and you will have your year.  Example "Drum Corps 1979"

I hope you all enjoy and I look forward to seeing many of you again this coming season.

UPDATE:

I'm glad to see many of you are enjoying the source music playlists I have created on YouTube.  What has surprised me is the years that you have been listening to/watching. The top two were obvious since I had mentioned them during the season.  However, the rest of the Top 10 years show a different story.  The bottom 2 were even more shocking. 

1) 2017 - 4,305 views

2) 2016 - 366 views

3) 1980 - 217 views

4) 1979 - 160 views

5) 1982 - 93 views

6) 1981 - 87 views

7) 2008 - 69 views

8) 1978 - 61 views

9) 2009 - 49 views (Another DCI Tie, really?!?)

9) 2013 - 49 views (Another DCI Tie, really?!?)

BOTTOM 2 with no views

1973 & 2006

So what is your favorite year of the source music?

Edited by Old Corps Guy
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I didn’t pull the actual shows, I put in the source music for the shows. You should find it under the playlists. Sorry if I wasn’t clear.  After you search the year, click on the playlist button to find the list.

Example link of one of the songs in the playlist is shown below  for 1979.

Edited by Old Corps Guy

On 10/27/2017 at 12:41 PM, Old Corps Guy said:

Before I get started, I wanted to give credit where credit is due.  Liahona started providing show song titles and source music some time ago. We all truly appreciated it. We loaded up that thread with comments and it is a "pinned" thread each year.  I was unable to use the Spotify links he originally provided in my office due to it being blocked for streaming.   I took to my own this year and started setting up on "The Site That Shall Not Be Named" with a similar break-out of source music.  THANK YOU LIAHONA!!!!!

I have been missing the music since the end of the season and decided to take on a new task of my own.  As of this morning, all source music for DCI Finalist shows from 1979-2017 are available as a “playlist” on "The Site That Shall Not Be Named" and are public for you to listen to at your leisure.  I figure you can choose a year and set it on random.  That provides you almost a whole work day of music in the office.

I can't promise that I got every title correct and if you spot an error, please message me and I will fix it.  Here's how it works:

Choose a year and add it to the end of "Drum Corps" and you will have your year.  Example "Drum Corps 1979"

I hope you all enjoy and I look forward to seeing many of you again this coming season.

Well I DO appreciate the praise....but I was NOT the originator of that idea...credit must go to "mingusmonk". I just took over the job in 2017.  My only real contribution was the addition of YouTube and sound-cloud links.

If you are referring to YouTube as to the site that shall not be named...I believe you now CAN actually link that site here without any sort of reprimand from the moderators...

Edited by Liahona

On 10/29/2017 at 5:38 PM, Old Corps Guy said:

I didn’t pull the actual shows, I put in the source music for the shows. You should find it under the playlists. Sorry if I wasn’t clear.  After you search the year, click on the playlist button to find the list.

Example link of one of the songs in the playlist is shown below  for 1979.

To further clarify on OCG's directions (and laudable effort on bringing this together):

1. After you search (in this case, "drum corps 1979") click "Filter" at the top right. You will get a drop down. 

2. Under "Type" click "Playlist"

3. OCG's playlist will show up as "Drum Corps XXXX"  (for the couple of years I tested, it will be the second one listed)

4. Enjoy!

17 hours ago, Lance said:

97 BD had a sample from the Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom soundtrack. 

lasts for about 10 seconds

Thanks for the heads up.  I will add accordingly.

1 hour ago, gak27 said:

To further clarify on OCG's directions (and laudable effort on bringing this together):

1. After you search (in this case, "drum corps 1979") click "Filter" at the top right. You will get a drop down. 

2. Under "Type" click "Playlist"

3. OCG's playlist will show up as "Drum Corps XXXX"  (for the couple of years I tested, it will be the second one listed)

4. Enjoy!

Thanks for the help.  I hope you all enjoy.  I know I am enjoying 1982 right now.

I have started with 1972-1978.  Some of these are little tough.  However, I promise I will get them done.