Sign the Petition

11 minutes ago, Fran Haring said:

Mike, I gotta be honest here... if I had kids in drum corps, marching band, or whatever activity... I would not want any of them even near an individual like this.

The guy who indecently exposed himself to me got away with it.  The judge was more concerned that he had a pregnant wife.  Not that he was calling over children, showing them his #####, and then offering them a dollar to touch it.  Not to worry.   My dad got more than even with the predator.  Dad was a teamster, knew the boys, guy ended up with two broken legs, sold his house and moved. 

I’m going to be 60 years old next month.  That was no way for a young girl to see something like that. 

Edited by Terri Schehr
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

The guy who indecently exposed himself to me got away with it.  The judge was more concerned that he had a pregnant wife.  Not that he was calling over children, showing them his #####, and then offering them a dollar to touch it.  Not to worry.   My dad got more than even with the predator.  Dad was a teamster, knew the boys, guy ended up with two broken legs, sold his house and moved. 

I’m going to be 60 years old next month.  That was no way for a young girl to see something like that. 

What that guy did.... just so wrong. On any and all levels.

Man.... those Teamsters, and the Longshoremen....  they could be quite effective when called upon to help a friend. My dad also was a Teamster... thankfully nothing like your experience ever happened to me, or my brothers and sister... but if something did, he would have known whom to ask for a favor. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Fran Haring said:

Mike, I gotta be honest here... if I had kids in drum corps, marching band, or whatever activity... I would not want any of them even near an individual like this.

The court record does not say where the video was shot, but one of the posts on reddit mentioned that it was in a practice room. It wasn't a girls room, or locker room, or anyplace like that, at least from what was stated. The court document does not mention the locale.

I would not have an issue in a case like that. If it had been in a girls locker room, or girls bathroom, etc...I'd be with you. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, MikeD said:

The court record does not say where the video was shot, but one of the posts on reddit mentioned that it was in a practice room. It wasn't a girls room, or locker room, or anyplace like that, at least from what was stated. The court document does not mention the locale.

I would not have an issue in a case like that. If it had been in a girls locker room, or girls bathroom, etc...I'd be with you. 

I hear ya, but just the fact that the individual was doing what they did absolutely creeps me out, regardless of where the video was shot. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Fran Haring said:

Man.... those Teamsters, and the Longshoremen....  they could be quite effective when called upon to help a friend. 

A longshoreman with a hook could really do a job on someone.  I'm surprised the guy didn't just disappear and never found again.

In most correctional facilities, once the booking department learned that you were there as a pedophile or roughed up a senior citizen, you went right to isolation.  Other inmates don't take too kindly to those inmates.

Edited by Ghost

IMO any youth activity - drum corps included, is not the environment for sick perverted, deviant,  child sex offenders, especially those who are listed in dru sjodin national sex offenders registry.

If an organization can’t find a qualified candidate for any position without hiring a child sex offender is appalling, then DCI should consider screening all applicants for all individual organizations at a set fee or cost to each organization.

Establishing the criteria, enforcement parameters and how violations will be handled shouldn’t require a mental giant to setup. 

There is enough questionable behavior as it is. 

Edited by Jim Schehr
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ghost said:

A longshoreman with a hook could really do a job on someone.  I'm surprised the guy didn't just disappear and never found again.

I hear that.  

My brother-in-law was a sales rep in the trucking industry in NJ, and his territory for a while included the ports in the NYC metro area.

He said one of the unwritten rules at the ports was... never, ever mess with the Longshoremen. If you do, you may live... or may not live... to regret it.  LOL.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MikeD said:

If you are talking about the case on reddit...

There was no 'plea'. The person was convicted of a misdemeanor. Not a sex offense, but rather attempting to video in an area where privacy is reasonably expected. So the punishment was fit to the verdict and the level of the charged offense.

Being a misdemeanor, it was eligible under California law to be expunged, and it was. 

The person now has NO record, and in fact passed multiple criminal checks before being hired.

Well, to fill in the gaps here to what you said ( all true ), he plead " not guilty " initially, did not plea bargain. He made the States  prosecuting attorney have to go into court, impanel a jury for a jury  trial, and after hearing testimony, he was found guilty by the Jurors of secretly videotaping in a girls shower area without their consent, or knowledge. The crime was indeed a misdemeanor class of crime, but to fill in the gap, his behavior ( untrustworthy ) was so egregious, that the Dept. of Education for the  State of California revoked his teaching license... permanently. Why ? Because  presumably in their professional judgement and oversight responsibility he should not be around children any more, thats how serious the State of California feels about his capacity to be trusted again in a school environment. He served jail time for his offense. After his served jail time, he went a few years without any new charges, and as a result of the Calif. laws, he sought, and received, an expungement of his previous guility conviction. ( which you correctly pointed out ) But he has not sought, and not received ( as its probably doubtful ) to have his teaching certificate license reinstated. The State believes he is incapable of being trusted to return to the schools of California. The Cadets have decided that he is a risk worth taking in their hire of him, and he did pass their background checks, so they know his checkered past regarding his claims of not doing what the Jury found he did, He was initially found guilty by a Jury of his Peers for a crime that he has consistently denied he ever did, and has reportedly never acknowledged his guilt for. So... thats a bit more additional layer of info to add to what you likewise have correctly added above. Is the petition motivated by a " hate for the Cadets " ? its possible. But do you know the petitioner's, Mike ? or are you just guessing that the petitioners have " Cadets Hate " as their primary motive for this ? I don't know these petitioners from a hole in the wall, but perhaps you do, to conclude that this petition drive is solely a " Cadets Hate " motivated petition drive. 

Edited by BRASSO

46 minutes ago, MikeD said:

19 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

...after hearing testimony, he was found guilty by the Jurors of secretly videotaping in a girls shower area without their consent, or knowledge.

Ummmmm... which one of these scenarios is true?