Sign the Petition

4 hours ago, George Dixon said:

Exactly! Interesting "mob" mentality. Reminds me of the Salem Witch trials. Coincidence? Judging by the alliances of several of the posters in this "thread" I think not.

Mr. Magoo could  spot the agenda here... 

My agenda? No one convicted in court in any instances like this or worse should be allowed around kids. I don’t give a flying #### what corps, band, classroom you name it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

50 minutes ago, MikeD said:

I read the court record link top to bottom a few times and did not see anything about a shower area. Maybe there is another court article that mentions it, but it was not part of the lengthy pdf I saw. 

Shower.... practice room used as a changing area? The bottom line is he tried to video kids who could be in states of undress. 

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

All men in this discussion.  Not at all surprising.  

This man says it’s disgusting in any form. That people want to give it a pass disgusts me.

and it will blow up on dci eventually 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Just now, afd said:

So to you all men are child predators? I find your post offensive.

Oof. Now that was a HUGE leap. Evel Knievel would be jealous of this one. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, afd said:

Please note that she posted earlier that she had a traumatic experience as a child, so I for one will give her a pass on the quip.

Edited by Stu
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, George Dixon said:

Exactly! Interesting "mob" mentality. Reminds me of the Salem Witch trials. Coincidence? Judging by the alliances of several of the posters in this "thread" I think not.

Mr. Magoo could  spot the agenda here...

Easy solution: Put em all on your ignore list and you can go about life happy while agreeing with yourself.

So, after reading all this someone puts up a petition for DCI to have a policy for vetting considering kids are involved and this has somehow turned into a pissing match?  Where is the harm or being somewhat proactive (well not really but all the same)?  Is this a case of methinks you protest too much?  Is there more going on behind the scenes than we know?  The push back on this petition seems weird and misplaced.  Is DCI so sacred it can't have policies?  Strange days we live in.

Edited by Mello Dude

11 minutes ago, afd said:

I did not post this but I did "like" her post.  The reason I did is because we see this all the time with issues regarding women. Whether it's a sexual harassment case or abortion or birth control.  Men seem to have a lot more to say about these issues than women... it's ironic.

Thank goodness for the "me too" movement that has shed light on sexual harassment as a societal issue. It's a lot bigger than most people imagine.

As for this petition I think it's just looking for a way to better protect the MMs involved in this activity. 

You guys are so caught up in the details of this particular case that you are missing the big picture.

Edited by ThePlanets
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3