Sign the Petition

I still don't get why Dan Potter's name and the other gentleman's name are on the petition. Seems like just a random "toss out a couple of names" thing here.

My personal opinion... this petition would have much more credibility if it were directed solely at the DCI front office (Dan Acheson and the crew) and the DCI board of directors.

I don't think either Dan Potter or the other gentleman are in a position to change any rules. Can't speak for them, of course.  

Hey... I've worked many DCA events for more than 30 years. I guess you could say that, as a show announcer for that circuit for many years, I've been "visible."  Like Dan Potter or Brandt are "visible" on the DCI side. Associated with the circuit, if you will. 

But I would be quite puzzled (and honestly, more than a bit annoyed if this happened without my permission) if I were named in any petition having anything to do with DCA... since I have absolutely no authority, clout, inside information, pull, or whatever you want to call it, when it comes to the circuit, or its member corps, adopting or changing any rules/policies/procedures, etc.

Again, I can't speak for him... but I wonder if Dan (Potter) might be feeling the same way here.  If not, my apologies for bringing up his name in this post. 

all.

Apologies for taking so long to reopen the thread. we had determined that this subject was important enough to allow it to continue, provided of course that it stayed on topic and it didn't devolve ...unfortunately that didn't happen.

again I will appeal to you all to keep the discussion on topic, mind the community guidelines, and REPORT any questionable posts. 

carry on

8 hours ago, JohnZ said:

all.

Apologies for taking so long to reopen the thread. we had determined that this subject was important enough to allow it to continue, provided of course that it stayed on topic and it didn't devolve ...unfortunately that didn't happen.

again I will appeal to you all to keep the discussion on topic, mind the community guidelines, and REPORT any questionable posts. 

carry on

Thank you for recognizing the importance of the subject and for your vigilance in keeping the discussion civil. 

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Stu said:

Is true. FBI criminal background checks only cover crimes where the Feds are involved, it does not cover State and local crimes listed in the various State and local data bases. While there is a National sex offender registry, that is a Fed issue. But State crimes like theft, battery, etc.. are not listed in the FBI data base.

From Black's Law Dictionary...

What Is Found in an FBI Background Check?

In their National Crime Information Center the FBI maintains records of arrests from state and local agencies. Most of the records are linked by fingerprints as every individual who is arrested is fingerprinted as part of the booking process. The NCIC is essentially a database of these records. In addition, the NCIC also tracks reports of missing persons and fugitives who are wanted by law enforcement.

21 hours ago, Stu said:

Then it has changed. The last time I checked the States could share State info with the Feds if they wanted to, but they were not compelled to share. So, the FBI can now tap into all 50 State data bases and a Fed check will now show all listed local and State crimes?

This link explains the 21 databases that comprise NCIC.  The Interstate Identification Index, which contains automated criminal history record information, is accessible through the same network as NCIC.

https://www.fbi.gov/services/cjis/ncic

One important thing to note:  The entry, modification, and removal of records are the responsibility of the agency that entered them.  In other words, NCIC is only as good as the data provided by law enforcement agencies nationwide.  Some law enforcement agencies do not have NCIC certification, or have lost it due to misuse or abuse.  Other states do not send all of their criminal data for various reasons.

10 hours ago, Fran Haring said:

I still don't get why Dan Potter's name and the other gentleman's name are on the petition. Seems like just a random "toss out a couple of names" thing here.

My personal opinion... this petition would have much more credibility if it were directed solely at the DCI front office (Dan Acheson and the crew) and the DCI board of directors.

I don't think either Dan Potter or the other gentleman are in a position to change any rules. Can't speak for them, of course.  

Hey... I've worked many DCA events for more than 30 years. I guess you could say that, as a show announcer for that circuit for many years, I've been "visible."  Like Dan Potter or Brandt are "visible" on the DCI side. Associated with the circuit, if you will. 

But I would be quite puzzled (and honestly, more than a bit annoyed if this happened without my permission) if I were named in any petition having anything to do with DCA... since I have absolutely no authority, clout, inside information, pull, or whatever you want to call it, when it comes to the circuit, or its member corps, adopting or changing any rules/policies/procedures, etc.

Again, I can't speak for him... but I wonder if Dan (Potter) might be feeling the same way here.  If not, my apologies for bringing up his name in this post. 

Dan Potter and Tim Hinton are only listed because they have high visibility, and my goal is to try to bring visibility to the petition. You're correct they have -zero- policy making ability. I knew that from the start.

But since petitions are about applying public pressure to enact change, they are tagged to try to increase pressure. There is basically no reason to tag them except kicking the hornet's nest. 

It's a petition, not a legal complaint. They are not named as defendants. I'll consider taking them off of it though if enough people think it's a distraction.

On 10/31/2017 at 3:02 PM, George Dixon said:

Oh look a nameless person and their first post

Hey nameless agenda person, do some research before you write a “petition” on a topic you clearly know zero about 

Hi,

I basically don't use DCP because it can get really ugly around here and I have better things to do.

I'm anonymous so that I don't get a bunch of personal attacks and bitter remarks thrown at me. Case in point...

I know plenty about the topic. I know a corps executive director who had sex with an age-out. I know of male staff members who solicited nudes from male performers.

Doesn't matter if they were over 18. Sexual harassment is still unacceptable.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1