Sign the Petition

1 hour ago, skevinp said:

... in a world where credibility affects our ability to understand and process every request that is made of us, and in an environment where there is a sad history of people using all manner of such things to harm specific organizations, not everyone is going to automatically extend such credibility to a stranger....

Credibility based on name and status is not always a good thing. Ask the Duke La Cross players, who were falsely accused, how they feel about the world giving automatic credibility to well-known personalities!

• Like 1

Interesting that this morning when I signed the petition, there were only about 150+ names.  Just checked and it's up to 717.  The OP's calm explanations and Terri's courage are what influenced me to be proactive.  I love young people.  I love drum corps.  I want all drum corps participants to have a great experience.  So I signed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

but hey - whatever - go ahead and take an anonymous stance on a topic you clearly know almost nothing about. it's quite in vogue these days

You brought this back up, not me.  Sorry to everyone else, but the bold statement here begs for a question to be re-asked (of you George Dixon): Have corps 'knowingly' hired sexual offenders?  Your claim that I am on 'your' ignore list, or that I am baiting you, is invalid to the seriousness of the question.

6 minutes ago, Stu said:

Credibility based on name and status is not always a good thing. Ask the Duke La Cross players, who were falsely accused, how they feel about the world giving automatic credibility to well-known personalities!

Lots of people don’t use their real names on here.  I do. I don’t understand why this is a thing when there are hundreds of pseudonyms on here.  

Some people with pseudonyms are given credibility and others are not? Odd. 

• Like 1

Just now, Terri Schehr said:

Lots of people don’t use their real names on here.  I do. I don’t understand why this is a thing when there are hundreds of pseudonyms on here.  

I am quite honest as to why I use a pseudonym on DCP, and will state it here again. I do not want any of my personal beliefs or statements to be taken, at all, as being endorsed by or the position of the organization in which I am on staff/board.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

It is certainly the right of the petitioner as well as DCP posters not to use their real names.  Anyone who thinks I was criticizing that choice misunderstands my post entirely.   I was merely trying to help people understand each other.  I don't know when I'll learn.

2 minutes ago, Stu said:

I am quite honest as to why I use a pseudonym on DCP, and will state it here again. I do not want any of my personal beliefs or statements to be taken, at all, as being endorsed by or the position of the organization in which I am on staff/board.

I was referring to the OP,  Stu.  

And someone messaged me about your lovely “barf” comment, George. 

Is that all you got?  Because it’s kind of weak. 

• Like 1