Sign the Petition

24 minutes ago, Stu said:

I am quite honest as to why I use a pseudonym on DCP, and will state it here again. I do not want any of my personal beliefs or statements to be taken, at all, as being endorsed by or the position of the organization in which I am on staff/board.

I think this is responsible and wise.

Edited by skevinp

2 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I was referring to the OP,  Stu.  

And someone messaged me about your lovely “barf” comment, George. 

Is that all you got?  Because it’s kind of weak. 

I was just responding to your statement that there are many pseudonym posters on DCP. FYI: You, along with probably 95% of all posters, are likely on the George Dixon, '"I am going to ignore you list".

2 minutes ago, Stu said:

I was just responding to your statement that there are many pseudonym posters on DCP. FYI: You, along with probably 95% of all posters, are likely on the George Dixon, '"I am going to ignore you list".

Oh well. I will try to carry on.  Some things are more important than trying to curry favor.  I’m at that age where I don’t worry very much about being the most popular kid in class.  

• Like 3

I am still amazed at the outrage over this petition.  It's not even the least bit egregious.  This is something LONG past overdue IMHO that if you are going to tout creds as "educational" and "youth" you better CYA and have policies in place.  DCI puts all kinds of requirements on competing units, this isn't a stretch or a bad idea even.  The amount of butthurt (outrage) seen here over a "petition" (that's not that bad IMHO) seems a tad over the top and perhaps there is more to this than we all know.  Thou dost protest too much methinks....or something like that.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

I see the petition is up to 906 signatures. I signed it when it was in the 20s. I wasn’t paying strict attention but I am going say I was number 27.

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Mello Dude said:

I am still amazed at the outrage over this petition.  It's not even the least bit egregious.  This is something LONG past overdue IMHO that if you are going to tout creds as "educational" and "youth" you better CYA and have policies in place.  DCI puts all kinds of requirements on competing units, this isn't a stretch or a bad idea even.  The amount of butthurt (outrage) seen here over a "petition" (that's not that bad IMHO) seems a tad over the top and perhaps there is more to this than we all know.  Thou dost protest too much methinks....or something like that.

Over the top?  There has hardly been any opposition to the petition in the last 10 pages, let alone "outrage".

To me, your final statement is about as outrageous as anything I have read on here lately.  Wow.

1 hour ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

I see the petition is up to 906 signatures. I signed it when it was in the 20s. I wasn’t paying strict attention but I am going say I was number 27.

I think anyone with the goal of the petition being considered by DCI can be confident now that it will be.  Some organizations might discount less than a huge number of signatures, but I don't think DCI is such an organization.  

28 minutes ago, skevinp said:

I think anyone with the goal of the petition being considered by DCI can be confident now that it will be.  Some organizations might discount less than a huge number of signatures, but I don't think DCI is such an organization.  

I also think DCI will respond correctly.

• Thanks 3

On 11/1/2017 at 10:34 AM, garfield said:

IMO, once an offender has done the time for the crime, he/she is entitled to a second chance to prove he's changed his ways when around students (not a third, IMO, although some disagree).

This sort of dangerous thinking is why a petition with over thousand people needs to be generated, imo ....to be certain that this sort of thinking does not become further embraced by the decision makers among the Corps, and among DCI itself. I believe your opinion, garfield ( which you are entitled too, incidentally) is probably shared by too many decision makers at the moment in DCI... and such thinking needs to come to an end.  Especially among the adults entrusted with a heavy duty and responsibility to protect the young, the trusting, and the vulnerable above all else. Thus.... the petition.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 4