Sign the Petition

On 11/01/2017 at 9:34 AM, garfield said:

IMO, once an offender has done the time for the crime, he/she is entitled to a second chance to prove he's changed his ways when around students (not a third, IMO, although some disagree).

So, it is ok to give the sex offender, after serving time, a second shot at raping more students but not a third; that sounds like a really great philosophy to say to the second kid who gets raped due to the second chance the offender had to be around students.

Edited by Stu
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, DCI Petitioner said:

I'm not sure these arguments are helping the issue anymore. Sharing the petition on social media will be a better use of everyone's time. If someone doesn't like the petition, that's fine. They don't have to sign it.

I’ve shared it several times on Facebook. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, DCI Petitioner said:

I'm not sure these arguments are helping the issue anymore. Sharing the petition on social media will be a better use of everyone's time. If someone doesn't like the petition, that's fine. They don't have to sign it.

Agreed.  When we are on almost page 40 of a thread and people are pulling up a post from page 3 to continue an argument, you have to wonder what the motivations are.  

5 minutes ago, DCI Petitioner said:

It helps the issue by showing where those who are directly involved in DCI events actually stand on the issue. And some who post here that oppose the petition are 'directly involved' in DCI events.

1 minute ago, skevinp said:

Agreed.  When we are on almost page 40 of a thread and people are pulling up a post from page 3 to continue an argument, you have to wonder what the motivations are.  

My motivation is to press anyone posting here who is 'directly involved' in DCI events on their reasoning to oppose the petition.

1 minute ago, Stu said:

My motivation is to press anyone posting here who is 'directly involved' in DCI events on their reasoning to oppose the petition.

I think the purpose of the thread was to ask people to sign the petition, not to provide a means to endlessly harass individuals with a different point of view.  

20 minutes ago, skevinp said:

I think the purpose of the thread was to ask people to sign the petition, not to provide a means to endlessly harass individuals with a different point of view.  

This is not personal, and I do not want to get this thread locked. That said, the person being pressed to defend the opposition of the petition is actually 'directly involved' in DCI events. And that direct involvement is both important and relevant as to why the belief exists that DCI should stay out of matters such as what is being requested in the petition.

Edited by Stu

8 hours ago, RetiredMusTeach said:

Interesting that this morning when I signed the petition, there were only about 150+ names.  Just checked and it's up to 717.  The OP's calm explanations and Terri's courage are what influenced me to be proactive.  I love young people.  I love drum corps.  I want all drum corps participants to have a great experience.  So I signed.

I shared the link to this thread to the DCP Facebook page 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Stu said:

I was just responding to your statement that there are many pseudonym posters on DCP. FYI: You, along with probably 95% of all posters, are likely on the George Dixon, '"I am going to ignore you list".

I’m not sure that’s even his real name