Sign the Petition

As we can tell, a few DCP'ers still want to derail the thread to make  it other than what the focus should be, ie.. a petition drive to get the decision makers in the Corps and within DCI itself to do more than it currently is doing in providing  a safe environment for marchers. Any attempt to make the thread as a tic for tac between DCP posters.. some of that going way back between them.... should be disregarded as most likely a deflection technigue. These DCP'ers would like this thread to be about their longstanding gripes with other posters on DCP, and by extension their dislike for this petition drive.   Its neither however. We should not allow such distractions, imo... its been a civil discussion so far the last 24 hours, and for the most part, stayed on topic. Most people seem supportive of the petition drive, and its importance. Even the ones who do not support the petition, are being  respected with their desire to not support it ( for one reason or another ). We've come a long way here on DCP on this thread in the last 48 hours... where initially, the petition, its originator, and its supporters were under a lot of crticism here on DCP by some posters. Thats mellowed a lot in these 48 hours, so progress it seems to me is being made here on DCP with this. Most other social media sites have been very supportive of this petition, and right from the outset.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, BRASSO said:

As we can tell, a few DCP'ers still want to derail the thread to make  it other than what the focus should be, ie.. a petition drive to get the decision makers in the Corps and within DCI itself to do more than it currently is doing in providing  a safe environment for marchers. Any attempt to make the thread as a tic for tac between DCP posters.. some of that going way back between them.... should be disregarded as a deflection technigue. These DCP'ers would like this thread to be about their longstanding gripes with other posters on DCP, and by extension their dislike for this petition drive.   Its neither. We should not allow such distractions.

Sort of like your posted response to Gar (which is now posted just before this post)? Reading the quote you used prompted me to respond to the exact same qoute you used. If those are distractions, I was merely following your lead on that one.

Edited by Stu
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Stu said:

Sort of like your posted response to Gar on the last part of page 38? Reading the quote you used prompted me to respond to the exact same qoute you used. If those are distractions, I was merely following your lead on that one.

Like when I posted about dci stepping in for financial reasons why not this 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

I’m not sure that’s even his real name

lol. There's a grand total of 4 people on my "ignore list" - three of which are posting over and over in this idiotic thread

and no - you are not one of them

we've met btw just been a while (back in the Westshoremen days) - we know a bunch of the same people

Edited by George Dixon

8 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

lol. There's a grand total of 4 people on my "ignore list" - three of which are posting over and over in this idiotic thread

and no - you are not one of them

we've met btw just been a while (back in the Westshoremen days) - we know a bunch of the same people

Funny when asking you a decade or so ago you claimed to have never met me. But tho we know the same people that doesn’t mean your name is really George Dixon. See how that can be turned against you and your argument?

and given many of the issues you have championed here and on RAMD that you want to push this aside is confusing to say the least. More and more band circuits have clear cut statements and policies that blow away anything dci has done on this

• Thanks 1

Just now, Jeff Ream said:

Funny when asking you a decade or so ago you claimed to have never met me. But tho we know the same people that doesn’t mean your name is really George Dixon. See how that can be turned against you and your argument?

and given many of the issues you have championed here and on RAMD that you want to push this aside is confusing to say the least. More and more band circuits have clear cut statements and policies that blow away anything dci has done on this

Whatever. You got me - my real name is George Hopkins. Or Charlie Brown - take your pick

And clearly your real name is Jeff "not a lawyer" Ream

Bands/Circuits is not a parallel to the drum corps organization/DCI relationship >> it would be impossible to police/enforce and would be nothing but an ineffective and irresponsible assumption of liability. There are local and federal laws on the books which apply directly to each drum corps organization AND to DCI. DCI isn't a law-enforcement organization, the FBI is.

The decision to sign the petition or not is pretty simple. You’re either for or against sexual abuse and harassment of marching members. All the mansplaining and amateur legal jargon isn’t going to change opinions. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Jim Schehr said:

The decision to sign the petition or not is pretty simple. You’re either for or against sexual abuse and harassment of marching members. All the mansplaining and amateur legal jargon isn’t going to change opinions. 

Well, that about sums it up.

See ya next summer.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Jim Schehr said:

Couching someone who doesn't sign a petition as being "for" sexual abuse is beyond ridiculous.  The only thing that separates this from practically the most horrendous personal attack I have ever read on DCP is that it lacks the courage to name the people it accuses.