Sign the Petition

3 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

. More and more band circuits have clear cut statements and policies that blow away anything dci has done on this

Thats interesting to know,, and as one who is not dialed in to these circuits, I was not aware of this. if these circuits are taking a strong stand on this, Its really perplexing as to why a few people in DCI or fans of DCI would be so opposed to doing what these Marching Band Circuits are apparently doing. Lord Knows, many of these people in DCI tend to support most other things being done these days now in these Marching Band Circuits.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Stu said:

There is a saying that goes, “An omission of the truth, when the truth is known and relevant, is still a lie”.  That philosophy also applies to tolerance, or tacit approval, of an organization or person that omits or ignores an issue such as this.  And a person advocating that DCI, which is the corps, which does oversee the corps, which does create guidelines for the corps, to turn a blind eye to this issue by not creating a general policy requirement for all corps to become and remain member corps is a form of tolerance and/or tacit approval.

DCI doesn't have a general policy that members can't commit murder. Or steal or commit adultery. Or lie. I guess that means DCI gives tacit approval to murder, thievery, adultery, cheating, lying, and every other sort of malfeasance.  What a horrible organization am I right ??!!??

You people with your twisted malpractice of logic are turning me away from supporting this petition. It would be better if you let it speak for itself. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

Funny when asking you a decade or so ago you claimed to have never met me. But tho we know the same people that doesn’t mean your name is really George Dixon. See how that can be turned against you and your argument?

and given many of the issues you have championed here and on RAMD that you want to push this aside is confusing to say the least. More and more band circuits have clear cut statements and policies that blow away anything dci has done on this

He still thinks he’s in charge 

Edited by Jim Schehr

25 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

DCI doesn't have a general policy that members can't commit murder. Or steal or commit adultery. Or lie. I guess that means DCI gives tacit approval to murder, thievery, adultery, cheating, lying, and every other sort of malfeasance.  What a horrible organization am I right ??!!??

Committed murderers who are released are not being hired by the corps; committed sexual offenders have been and are being hired by corps. Thus a DCI corporate policy to forbid corps from hiring murderers is not warranted, but a DCI corporate policy to forbid corps from hiring sexual offenders is more than needed.

Edited by Stu
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Standrews said:

Read you DCP archives. Was covered at length a while back.

Apparently you are referring to the ancient archaic once-only unique 'legend' of the director shooting a DM that occured 50 years ago or more, the he became a director again in 1975. And that is the basis for your 'not true' claim concerning DCI has a problem with murderers amongst corps staff over the past 40 years. If this thread was not so serious I would now be lmao!

Edited by Stu
  • Like 1