Sign the Petition

An update:... 1700 signatures on the petition so far... with their goal of up to as many as 2500. I do know there are quite a few current marchers in DCI.. ( 2017 and 2018 seasons)... that have signed the petition as well. Its a diverse group that have signed, when we see both current and former alums/ fans thinking this petition to DCI itself is worthy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

28 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

An update:... 1700 signatures on the petition so far... with their goal of up to as many as 2500. I do know there are quite a few current marchers in DCI.. ( 2017 and 2018 seasons)... that have signed the petition as well. Its a diverse group that have signed, when we see both current and former alums/ fans thinking this petition to DCI itself is worthy.

If this is true, not doubting you, but if it is true that many of the signators are current members of corps, that right there is both very telling and interesting.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Stu said:

If this is true, not doubting you, but if it is true that many of the signators are current members of corps, that right there is both very telling and interesting.

Very curious here ... does anyone doubt this is a real problem? 

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Like 1

I don’t doubt it for a second. 

• Thanks 1

Man, some folks on Reddit have real DCP issues. And apparently think all the mods marched in the Cadets. Yikes. Sorry, OT.

Doesn’t seem unreasonable for DCI to enact a broad set of guidelines that Corps BODs have to address in their own way. Especially in the spirit of Best Practices, it might save a corps headaches down the road.

That said, I can’t imagine a scenario where a Change.org petition is going to tip the scales towards it happening. It seems it’s be more likely if the efforts were aimed at a single corps or a small group who were already inclined to be sympathetic who could introduce it to the DCI Board.

Mike

34 minutes ago, MikeN said:

That said, I can’t imagine a scenario where a Change.org petition is going to tip the scales towards it happening. It seems it’s be more likely if the efforts were aimed at a single corps or a small group who were already inclined to be sympathetic who could introduce it to the DCI Board.

Mike

Perhaps the petition will fall on deaf ears at DCI’s corporate offices. Perhaps the member corps will decide that each corps should have its own criteria as to who is a risky staff or admin member.  That would be a shame. I believe there should be a universal policy to insure membership safety. As the OP has repeatedly stated, this is not directed at one corps, nor should it be. All corps need to have a clear and uniform policy to prevent their MMs from having to endure sexual harassment, or worse, from staff and admin. Why is that too much to ask? I believe this petition could start the conversation to achieve this end. Please don’t parse my intent to hop down frivolous bunny trails leading to oblivion. I want to understand why this goal is objectionable. 

Edited by Jurassic Lancer

12 hours ago, MikeN said:

Man, some folks on Reddit have real DCP issues. And apparently think all the mods marched in the Cadets. Yikes. Sorry, OT.

Doesn’t seem unreasonable for DCI to enact a broad set of guidelines that Corps BODs have to address in their own way. Especially in the spirit of Best Practices, it might save a corps headaches down the road.

Mike

those in power pay attention to DCp or Reddit more than they will ever admit. 

Edited by Jeff Ream
spelling

34 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

Perhaps the petition will fall on deaf ears at DCI’s corporate offices. Perhaps the member corps will decide that each corps should have its own criteria as to who is a risky staff or admin member.  That would be a shame. I believe there should be a universal policy to insure membership safety. As the OP has repeatedly stated, this is not directed at one corps, nor should it be. All corps need to have a clear and uniform policy to prevent their MMs from having to endure sexual harassment, or worse, from staff and admin. Why is that too much to ask? I believe this petition could start the conversation to achieve this end. Please don’t parse my intent to hop down frivolous bunny trails leading to oblivion. I want to understand why this goal is objectionable. 

I don't believe it will fall on deaf ears.  I believe DCI will decide to do whatever they believe to be in everyone's best interest as a whole, within the authority they understand themselves to have, with the resources they reasonably have.  

• Like 1