Sign the Petition

7 hours ago, Stu said:

Aside from DCP, and the DCP Facebook page, how has the word been spread about the petition?

It is on Reddit. It was actually first posted to reddit before it was posted to DCP. 

• Like 1

On 10/30/2017 at 7:04 PM, DCI Petitioner said:

15 hours ago, mingusmonk said:

It is on Reddit. It was actually first posted to reddit before it was posted to DCP. 

While this is important and I commend the OP, here is why I am asking about how the petition is being distributed. Using a rough estimate for the 2017 season, the number of fans that attended shows (maybe 70,000 over all summer show attendance), with a guess at the number of performers in the corps (approx., 4,800), and Staff (approx.  960), and then placing that in context with around the 2,000 who have signed the petition,.... I am wondering if the opinions of just 3% (corrected from 0.03%) will sway DCI that much?

Edited by Stu

1 hour ago, Stu said:

While this is important and I commend the OP, here is why I am asking about how the petition is being distributed. Using a rough estimate for the 2017 season, the number of fans that attended shows (maybe 70,000 over all summer show attendance), with a guess at the number of performers in the corps (approx., 4,800), and Staff (approx.  960), and then placing that in context with around the 2,000 who have signed the petition,.... I am wondering if the opinions of just 0.03% will sway DCI that much?

I believe you mean to say 3%. 

3% in an online petition is significant considering.  But, numbers aren't everything.  Either you are trying to do the right thing (IMHO) being proactive (kind of) or you are going to ignore it and hope that it never becomes an issue or let me re-phrase an issue that makes the nightly news.

2 hours ago, Mello Dude said:

3% in an online petition is significant considering.  But, numbers aren't everything.  Either you are trying to do the right thing (IMHO) being proactive (kind of) or you are going to ignore it and hope that it never becomes an issue or let me re-phrase an issue that makes the nightly news.

Iam just trying to find out where else besides DCP and Reddit this can be posted to get the percentage up.

Edited by Stu

53 minutes ago, Stu said:

Nope, I mean 0.03%. Do the math: 2,000 (signatures on petition) / 75,760 (number of people, give or take, associated as fans, performers, and staff with DCI this past season) = 0.03%. Only that very small percentage have signed so far.

Whatever you mean, the numbers you use are closer to 3%.  

2000 out of 75,760 is about .0264, which is 2.64%.

And, based on the trajectory, I'm guessing it will reach 3% soon.

Edited by skevinp

5 hours ago, Stu said:

While this is important and I commend the OP, here is why I am asking about how the petition is being distributed. Using a rough estimate for the 2017 season, the number of fans that attended shows (maybe 70,000 over all summer show attendance), with a guess at the number of performers in the corps (approx., 4,800), and Staff (approx.  960), and then placing that in context with around the 2,000 who have signed the petition,.... I am wondering if the opinions of just 0.03% will sway DCI that much?

When doing such math calculations, and using estimates to arrive at your" 0.03 % " figure, we can also break down the numbers you are using and project that maybe  90-"98% " or so of the people you are using in your calculations here are not even aware of this petition.  If its not over 90%,  would you at least agree that the overwhelming vast majority of the people in the calculations you are using here are not even aware of this petition? ...and therefore, its really an unknown factor how these thousands of people feel about a petition that they have no knowledge on ?  By the way, lots of changes over the years, in and out of Drum  Corps, first began with petitions... petitions that early on, did not seem to have a lot of wind in their sails, nor a lot of support in the beginning. Thomas Paine once wrote a pamphlet called ": Common Sense ". Early on, most people never heard of him, nor his pamphlet. let alone read it. But as time went on, it became a catalyst... a rallying cry... to change.... and the ultimately.. to the birth of an entire new Nation. The United States of America. So don't discount the influence of petitions and pleas, based solely upon" the Math"..

Edited by BRASSO

8 minutes ago, skevinp said:

Whatever you mean, the numbers you use are closer to 3%.  

2000 out of 75,760 is about .0264, which is 2.64%.

And, based on the trajectory, I'm guessing it will reach 3% soon.

Yep, so sorry. Sleep deprivation. And I am playing the fool now. Oops.