Sign the Petition

17 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

there's more to the policy manual than just that

Then release the relevant parts  - but that begs another question: 

At what point in their development are new Corps/Soundsport units, etc allowed to see the "Top-Secret DCI Policy Book"?  Are they required to sign a non-disclosure agreement?

My Goodness - these aren't the Nuclear Launch Codes we are talking about.

Edited by IllianaLancerContra

On 11/13/2017 at 2:01 PM, BRASSO said:

For historical perspective, this Nation initially began with " a petition ".. to King George of England. ...

"Nothing important happened today."

5 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Then release the relevant parts  - but that begs another question: 

At what point in their development are new Corps/Soundsport units, etc allowed to see the "Top-Secret DCI Policy Book"?  Are they required to sign a non-disclosure agreement?

My Goodness - these aren't the Nuclear Launch Codes we are talking about.

does your company make their internal rulebooks or policy manuals public? No. Internal has a meaning.

11 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

does your company make their internal rulebooks or policy manuals public? No. Internal has a meaning.

Actually, yes they do. 

And part of the reason it was made public is because there were some instances of sexual misconduct, and leadership said (paraphrase) 'This is not who we are, we will not tolerate this, and here is the policy (as well as all the other rules) for all to see'.

Edited by IllianaLancerContra
More info

10 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

Private for profit company; internal secrecy of policy without public disclosure is fine. Tax exempt non profit governing body for youth based organizations... ehhhh, nope secrecy of policy is not fine.

5 hours ago, Stu said:

Private for profit company; internal secrecy of policy without public disclosure is fine. Tax exempt non profit governing body for youth based organizations... ehhhh, nope secrecy of policy is not fine.

well i'm assuming they got legal advice to do as they are. i'd imagine since the licensing issue blew up, DCi's legal bills and choices of counsel have improved and grown

10 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

well i'm assuming they got legal advice to do as they are. i'd imagine since the licensing issue blew up, DCi's legal bills and choices of counsel have improved and grown

Letter of the law, I agree with you. But an organization can go above and beyond the legal minimum if they desire. Let's say there are two non profit organizations that govern over youth activities. The first follows the law, discloses their 990's to the public, but keeps all policies secret and will not provide any info apart from what they have to do legally even to parents of the youth who are in organizations in which they govern.  The second follows the law, discloses their 990's to the public, but also informs the public about their Code of Conduct Policy, their Sexual Abuse Policy, their Hiring Policy, their Whistle Blower Policy, and their Bylaws. Which youth governing organization is attempting to inform folks that they are looking out for the best interest of the youth, and which acts like there might be something shady to hide?

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Stu said:

Letter of the law, I agree with you. But an organization can go above and beyond the legal minimum if they desire. Let's say there are two non profit organizations that govern over youth activities. The first follows the law, discloses their 990's to the public, but keeps all policies secret and will not provide any info apart from what they have to do legally even to parents of the youth who are in organizations in which they govern.  The second follows the law, discloses their 990's to the public, but also informs the public about their Code of Conduct Policy, their Sexual Abuse Policy, their Hiring Policy, their Whistle Blower Policy, and their Bylaws. Which youth governing organization is attempting to inform folks that they are looking out for the best interest of the youth, and which acts like there might be something shady to hide?

It seems to me you are differentiating between Management & Leadership.   The first organization in your example has a manager; the second has a leader.

22 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

It seems to me you are differentiating between Management & Leadership.   The first organization in your example has a manager; the second has a leader.

Possibly; but while a manger can only do what the leader prescribes, a leader can also just do the minimum required by law.

Could you imagine Stu picking apart a dci policies and procedures manual?  That alone would be reason enough to keep it in house. 

Edited by HockeyDad
  • Like 4