Sign the Petition

11 minutes ago, Lance said:

Did the one in PA not include an FBI check?

Like I responded to Gar, I researced the way checks are done last year. State checks are State specific, and Federal checks are Federal specific. Which means unless 50 State checks and a Federal check are all done something may not show up on the checks.

5 minutes ago, MikeD said:

Yes, PA also requires this, and in the case being thrown at The Cadets, I was told that  it was done per PA requirements, and the person passed.

But.... While that may legally suffice, the last time I researched this, the PA check is only PA specific; it does not cover any State crimes commited in any of the other 49 States. And the FBI check only covers Federal beefs, it does not include State specific beefs. See the flaw here?

• Like 1

And since it is still public info...I'm going to re-post GH's response here:

Jeff

How are you ? I am passing this along to our attorney . Do know that I am aware of Scotts past and the related accusations you mentioned

i am comfortable with the explanations I have received and Scott has been nothing short of spectacular in his time here 

If you would like to pursue the matter further please contact me and I will forward you to our attorney or Scott's for comment

and as for my friend in the Lancers I am sorry I did not speak more . With the rewrites and my office work I was not at my best 

come on back and I will treat you to a peanut butter sandwich :-) 

Hop 

http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/forums/index.php?/topic/165019-cadets-2017/&do=findComment&comment=3620175

30 minutes ago, Lance said:

I made sure to include the fact that FBI and State Patrol checks are required in my state. 

Did the one in PA not include an FBI check?

As a healthcare practitioner who may work with minors on the job I am required 2 state and the federal background check with finger prints that I have to renew every few years. I also have to do an education course every 2 years for mandated reporters on recognizing and reporting any suspicion of child abuse.

24 minutes ago, Stu said:

Background checks are specific. State only covers that particular State, and Federal only covers Federal not State. The last time I researched this, which was last year, there was no overall encompassing data base that checked all 50 States and Federal.

Not sure, but I think this may address what you posted. From an FAQ page for the Massachusetts Statewide Applicant Fingerprint Identification Services (SAFIS):

A National CHRI (criminal history record information) report contains information on arrests for which fingerprint cards have been submitted for the subject to the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) Identification Division. The arrest information can be submitted by any law enforcement or criminal justice agency in the United States, as well as by any Federal law enforcement or criminal justice agency. Arrests for which fingerprints have not been submitted to the FBI will not be listed. In addition, Wanted Person and Sex Offender notices may also appears on a National CHRI report. 

30 minutes ago, Jim Schehr said:

No don’t  be stupid that’s not what my wife said, but what you thought she said, however shockingly predictable considering. 

Point being made was DCP and drum corps is predominantly male (I.e. BOD, Director, CEO, staff and administrators) with very few women represented. It’s not uncommon for men to believe it’s okay for men to behave this way, and give this type of male behavior a pass. 

It’s not okay, it’s unacceptable and shouldn’t be tolerated unless you are of the like mind of those who do. 

And it's not being tolerated, is it?  Victims come forward, charges made, the suspect are charged and the guilty serve time and punishment. 

Then others want to impart their own version of justice and demand that a different punishment be delivered despite the applicable laws.  A punishment not meted out in the state in question, despite it having been so in another state.

5 minutes ago, Barneveld said:

Not sure, but I think this may address what you posted. From an FAQ page for the Massachusetts Statewide Applicant Fingerprint Identification Services (SAFIS):

Yep, that is one of the things I read during my research on the FBI data base. And States will typically only provide fingerprint and other info to the Feds only if it is a Fed related beef.

Edited by Stu
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, MikeD said:

Yes, PA also requires this, and in the case being thrown at The Cadets, I was told that  it was done per PA requirements, and the person passed.

Is it draconian to have guidelines for all corps when it comes to what "passed" means?

The FBI and Highway Patrol don't have any notation that says "passed" or "failed", they just report information. It's what org's do with it that we're talking about. 

I don't know the answer. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, garfield said:

And it's not being tolerated, is it? 

According to you DCI wants no policy on the situation and just leaves it up to the corps. Which means that if a corps is ok with it, DCI is tolerating it by default.

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, garfield said:

I appreciate your statement and position but, by only what's been posted here, he passed the background checks in PA which, apparently, are tough enough to warrant surprise.

well thats what was said. knowing PA's checks....man....

• Like 1