Sign the Petition

5 minutes ago, MikeD said:

By "passed", I meant that there was nothing amiss with his reports.

A contractor who lives in Nevada, has a Nevada State record but not a Federal record, then travels to a site in Illinois to work, and the company in Illinois is only required to run a Federal check and an Illinois check, that person will not have anything amiss in the reports either.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, danielwdunn said:

The fact that there exist multiple corps who have hired either sexual offenders, people who have become sexual offenders while under the employment of the corps or a person convicted of peeping Tom law against a minor.

That makes me think either the protections in place aren't sufficient, or aren't being employed properly.

So you expect corps to be able to see into the future?

They say men's brains and women's brain's work differently.  Perhaps its so. I don't really pretend to know one way or the other.. maybe I need to study this more.

But assuming for a moment that men's brain's work differently than women's brains, I'm now of the opinion from reading pages upon pages of this thread topic that we've heard a lot of the men's brains working overtime on this thread topic, but very little input from the women's brains comments. Its relative, as afterall, the victims in almost all of the offenses we are talking about here were females. ( not all, but almost all ). As such, it might be helpful for us men on here to take a breath and see if we have some female DCP posters on here that would like to chime in on their thoughts on this. Just a suggestion anyway. if the young women on here are too timid to speak up, or theres really not a lot of them around here on DCP or what not... we can, after a pause, begin once again to have the men's brains begin to dominate the discussion  here re. female victims of sex offenses of one degree or another being perpetrated on females, and whether or not things are fine as they are in DCI... or if the men's brains ( that run DCI ) can do a bit more by putting their mens brains together to see if they might consider doing some things a bit differently in the future to provide a higher level of confidence in a safer environment for all. Just a thought anyway..

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

They say men's brains and women's brain's work differently.  Perhaps its so. I don't really pretend to know one way or the other.. maybe I need to study this more.

But assuming for a moment that men's brain's work differently than women's brains, I'm now of the opinion from reading pages upon pages of this thread topic that we've heard a lot of the men's brains working overtime on this thread topic, but very little input from the women's brains comments. Its relative, as afterall, the victims in almost all of the offenses we are talking about here were females. ( not all, but almost all ). As such, it might be helpful for us men on here to take a breath and see if we have some female DCP posters on here that would like to chime in on their thoughts on this. Just a suggestion anyway. if the young women on here are too timid to speak up, or theres really not a lot of them around here on DCP or what not... we can, after a pause, begin once again to have the men's brains begin to dominate the discussion  here re. female victims of sex offenses of one degree or another being perpetrated on females, and whether or not things are fine as they are in DCI... or if the men's brains ( that run DCI ) can do a bit more by putting their mens brains together to see if they might consider doing some things a bit differently in the future to provide a higher level of confidence in a safer environment for all. Just a thought anyway..

I spoke my peace.  It’s traumatic to relive it, all these years later.   Speak up, ladies #metoo

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, MikeD said:

Personally, I do not agree that sex offenders should be able to work with students in DCI. 

And just so you know, MikeD, because you have taken this position, let me be the first to say that I don't find you particularly" bloodthirsty " either.  You don't even look like a vampire from reports either.. just so's you know.

Edited by BRASSO

3 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

And just so you know, MikeD, because you have taken this position, let me be the first to say that I don't find you particularly" bloodthirsty " either.  You don't even look like a vampire from reports either.. just sos you know.

Nor does anyone else, including me, as should be obvious to every other person in this thread.  

49 minutes ago, MikeD said:

Personally, I do not agree that sex offenders should be able to work with students in DCI. 

Sex offender issues in the activity is not only about male-female indiscretions. The petition covers the entire gamut of concerns. 

Edited by Jim Schehr
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, Jim Schehr said:

Sex offender issues in the activity is not only about male-female indiscretions. The petition covers the entire gambit of concerns. 

I hope to learn what DCI's response... good, bad, or indifferent is... after the petition is submitted and a DCI response provided.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jim Schehr said:

Sex offender issues in the activity is not only about male-female indiscretions. The petition covers the entire gambit of concerns. 

I was responding to one of Brasso's comments about who corps hire.